Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBS02 on 2007 Giant Trance 2 (no modification required)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3202.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	380.8 KB
ID:	16532

Attached Files

Comment

Here is the pic with my new dolphin 13.5 ah battery (am almost certain that a shark would have fit ( I mocked up both of them with some dollar tree foam board) but liked the way the dolphin looked and fit better. Here is my original build notes with my bottle battery (mismeasured and thought it would fit but not a chance) http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...eels-and-bbshd

Comment

My 2017 Motobecane Lurch with BBSHD and 52V Shark Pack.

Name:	electrofattie with fender.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	360.7 KB
ID:	19812

Comment

Name:	EB585-21.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1,013.8 KB
ID:	20264

http://www.addmotor.com/m-850-so.html

Comment

The plan for my first build is ......

Bike: Minnesota 2.0

Motor: Bafang BBSHD 1000 w

Battery: Li-Ion 48v 20Ah (Wish I had done more research on batteries. I should have gotten LiFePo4

Breaks: Shimano XT BL-M8000 Disc Brake

Name:	20161030_191843.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	478.8 KB
ID:	21469

Attached Files

Comment

• Sebz
              Sebz commented
              Editing a comment
              nice bike, don't forget to flip the fork...it's reversed!

This was my first ebike build, and I tried to keep it inexpensive. I used a Windsor Kensington 8 from bikesdirect.com, and a Bafang kit with 52V dolphin pack from Luna Cycle. I added an adjustable stem and high rise handlebar because I like a relaxed, upright ride. Other than removing the chain guard the bike needed no modifications.

Name:	image_4645.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	492.4 KB
ID:	22177

This was an easy build (took less than 3 hours), and the bike was fast and handsome. The internal hub held up well, and resulted in a very clean look. Unfortunately the skinny tires were no match for the combined weight of my 200+ pounds, battery and motor, and whatever I happened to be carrying in my saddlebags. After half a dozen flats, 10 broken spokes, and even breaking the rear rack (okay so a slow cooker might have been a bit much), I moved the motor and battery to an old mountain bike I had laying around.

But for the record, Windsor Kensington 8 works great with Bafang mid drive .

Comment

2017 Gravity Deadeye Monster, single speed. 21 inch frame. Everything went together smoothly (with some Dremel tool adjustment to the bottom bracket shell) in just a couple of hours. Using Luna Shark 52v GA battery. Mighty mini 30t chain ring, I have the Eclipse 42t as well but I've been having fun climbing hills so far. Planning on upgrading to hydraulic brakes.

Attached Files
              Last edited by Rodney64; 11-11-2016, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Hopefully this is in the right thread. Might be of interest to other vertically challenged riders. Flat bar road bike. Small.

This is my second build with the same BBSHD. My first effort was on a road frame that was unsuitable due to tyre clearance issues and inadequate braking.
                This was to be my shop bike so nothing fancy but I'm having so much fun it has turned into my main bike
                Malvern Star Insight. (Malvern Star were a quality maker in Australia but lost their way a bit) This looks like one of their early off shoring attempts at Aluminium frames.
                The bike the frame came with cost me $55 AUD from Gumtree. :-)
                Frame size = small
                BB = 68mm
                Wheels Mavic 700C x about 28mm, Shimano Deore hubs. (These rims came off my Cannondale Tourer and are bomb proof)
                Tyres Vittoria Randonneur 700C x 32mm. My favourite tyre. Hope the 32mm are as good as their 25mm versions.
                Motor: Bafang BBSHD 1000 w
                Battery:NT Style 48V 11.6Ah Samsung Battery (I too wish I had done more research on batteries) I got lucky, it only just fits the frame
                Brakes : Direct pull V-Brakes using Bafang levers.
                Bling ring 42T - No more chain drops and a good chainline on this bike.
                Cranks - 165mm for my short legs. Hint, let the angle grinder be your friend. In hindsight I should have looked harder for an offset one on the LHS
                Saddle - Giant off of the first donor bike. I know it looks odd but this is my shop bike after all.
                I use 9 PAS settings and have recently used the programming settings to allow my natural high cadence. I still get a good workout this way and save the power for when I need it.

As this was my second build it went very smoothly. I've recently replaced my chainsets on my other bikes with Shimano Hollowtech so removing bottom brackets is easy for me.
                The motor fit easily in the BB unlike my first build. Was probably 2 hours max for the build. I swapped brakes, gears etc. from my previous frame.
                The whole project nearly came unstuck due to an unusual headset. I originally wanted to fit a threadless fork etc. but a suitable headset was going to cost more than the frame.
                So to give me better headstem and bar options I got a quill stem adapter. I never knew such a thing existed. Brilliant!

Comment

I finally got my 2016 KHS 500 4 seasons fat bike outfitted with a BBSHD 1000 watt. Took a bit of work. I took the bike to my local bike shop to have the bottom bracket removed. Then I called Rhoshan at Bixtrix and ordered the 1000 watt. He recommended the 120mm version and I added the gear sensor, ebrake sensors and a 42 tooth sprocket.. It only took a couple small shims adding up to maybe 1/16" for the sprocket to fit without touching the chainstay. I installed a KMC ebike rated chain as well. At first It wouldnt start and I,m pretty sure it was one of the Anderson connectors. There was a seperate power wire in the box so I cut the battery cradle power wire off and soldered on the one that was in the box. We had a warm spell here in Feb so i decided to try the bike out. All i can say is wow I went down some trails walkers had made, about 2 " wide with about 2 feet of soft snow on either side, which eventually brought me to a road system where I stopped for a picture in front a National museum near where I work. Looking forward to mpore warmer weather.

Comment

is it safe to mount bbshd on cromoly frames?

Comment

• Eric Luna
                      Eric Luna commented
                      Editing a comment
                      yeah of course man ...cromoly is steel and steel is more than safe..its overkill.

Yes, it is. Chromoly is a steel alloy with a bit of chromium and molybdenum. It is one of the 41xx grades of steel. It is an excellent choice for high performance electric bike frame.

Comment

My full suspension Dahon folding bike BBS02 conversion: https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...n-folding-bike

Comment

My BBS02 on a 18" 2009 Muddy Fox Xernt:
                        Full Build to be added soon, but suffice to say this was the smoothest conversion of a BBS02 for me yet! Everything just bolted right on, nothing more than a thin washer from some old caliper brake pads on the two mounting bolts, and the 52V 11.6AH Carbon Shark (kit & battery from Luna) fit perfectly, just added some low profile M5 x 0.8 waterbottle screws w/ another set of washers from old brake pads. : )

Comment

Originally posted by skymon View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]n8105[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n8104[/ATTACH]
                          BBS02 on Trek "Wahoo" 29er, 73mm BB, RaceFace 30T, 52V "Shark pack" Chainline a little extreme in lowest gear. Added Origin 8 chain guide. Two 1mm spacers under Biktrix adapter. Works great.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n8106[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n8107[/ATTACH]
                          BBS02 on Cannondale Quick3 Hybrid. 68mm BB, RaceFace 34T (not shown), 52V "Shark pack", Gear sensor (needed unorthodox location). Chainline great. No mods necessary.

Like the Cannondale, and have thought of building up a quick 1. How has it worked out for you?

Comment

• skymon
                            skymon commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Its been a great bike. Very easy conversion. I'd recommend it.

Raleigh Retro Cruiser, w/ bbs02
                          https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...ser-with-bbso2

Comment

Working...
                          X