Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My full suspension Dahon folding bike BBS02 conversion: https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...n-folding-bike

Comment

My BBS02 on a 18" 2009 Muddy Fox Xernt:

Full Build to be added soon, but suffice to say this was the smoothest conversion of a BBS02 for me yet! Everything just bolted right on, nothing more than a thin washer from some old caliper brake pads on the two mounting bolts, and the 52V 11.6AH Carbon Shark (kit & battery from Luna) fit perfectly, just added some low profile M5 x 0.8 waterbottle screws w/ another set of washers from old brake pads. : )

Comment

Originally posted by skymon View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]n8105[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n8104[/ATTACH]
        BBS02 on Trek "Wahoo" 29er, 73mm BB, RaceFace 30T, 52V "Shark pack" Chainline a little extreme in lowest gear. Added Origin 8 chain guide. Two 1mm spacers under Biktrix adapter. Works great.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n8106[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n8107[/ATTACH]
        BBS02 on Cannondale Quick3 Hybrid. 68mm BB, RaceFace 34T (not shown), 52V "Shark pack", Gear sensor (needed unorthodox location). Chainline great. No mods necessary.

Like the Cannondale, and have thought of building up a quick 1. How has it worked out for you?

Comment

• skymon
          skymon commented
          Editing a comment
          Its been a great bike. Very easy conversion. I'd recommend it.

Raleigh Retro Cruiser, w/ bbs02
        https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...ser-with-bbso2

Comment

This is my second build. BBS02 installed on a 2002 Ladies Trek Navigator 300. Frame size is 16.5". BB is 73mm, Battery mounted on Bontrager cargo rack. The installation was pretty standard with no issues. My wife loves the bike as we live near the top of a steep hill.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	496.9 KB ID:	33247

2017 Motobecane Lurch. 100mm BBSHD with a 13.5Ah Shark. This is the smallest frame they sell. A 14" frame is just barely big enough to shoehorn a Shark pack i nto. I had some clearance issues though. The chain stays are extra short to bring the rear wheel as close as possible to the seat post, providing quicker turning and off-road h andling. If I had to do it again, I'd simply cut the chain stays off the BB and weld in a spacer to give enough room for the BBSHD to clear. The frame is 4130 CrMo steel, so I can weld on it without significantly weakening the frame. Yes it does weaken the frame some, but not like it would an aluminum frame. Here are some pics of the work, and the finished product. I know this is a lot of pics, but I didn't just bolt it on and go. I even used 5 bolts to hold on the battery.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Jasdidit; 04-18-2017, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• Rider
              Rider commented
              Editing a comment
              What seat is that? How do you like it? I'm considering trying the ISM Sport or Touring soon with my S-T Thudbuster.

• Jasdidit
              Jasdidit commented
              Editing a comment
              It's an Easy Seat II. I wanted a comfortable seat which was noseless, so when I got bounced off and landed back on it, I wouldn't get goosed by it.

Originally posted by ncrkd View Post
            The output of Sheldon Brown's Gear chart (gear inches and estimated speed at a 120 cadence) - 42 Eclipse, 18 rear cog, with a Nexus 8-speed:
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]n21419[/ATTACH]

I try to keep these values in mind, and take it easy on the battery (keep the motor RPM up).
            Are you pedaling at 120 rpm or just using that for planning? coasting and letting the motor work? I could see pedaling at 100 rpm, but 120 would get old pretty quickly on a longer commute

Comment

Dahan folding bike

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170617_104009.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	40058

Name:	20170617_104149.jpg
Size:	714.8 KB
ID:	40059

Comment

I picked up this Sears, fat tire “Iron Horse” on Craigs List for $200. Steel frame with 26 inch wheels. The bike needed nothing for the conversion except a Bafang BBSHD kit. Removed the front derailleur and shifter leaving me with 7 gears. Using a half-twist Bafang throttle on the left side, DPC-10 display, 7 speed twist shifter on the right and a 52V 13.5AH Panasonic Dolphin battery. I installed a Luna aluminum 42” chain ring. It is great to ride on single tracks and hits top speed of 30 mph in 7th gear on the street. I've gotten 24 miles plus in PAS level 1 with light peddling. Total cost was under $1200 for the bike, battery, chain ring and motor kit. No other modifications. Was not too difficult to adapt this kit to this bike.
                I REALLY enjoy this ride!!!!! ( I’m 63yrs old )

Name:	IMG_2816_2000.jpg
Size:	1,022.3 KB
ID:	40712

Name:	IMG_2822_2000.jpg
Size:	876.4 KB
ID:	40713

Last edited by kerrylaw; 07-24-2017, 04:15 PM.

Comment

WOW, this looks amazing :D
                  Last edited by Quator94; 07-26-2017, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Hi all,
                    I am new here and this is my build:
                    bike: specilized stumperjumper fsr 2007, al frame
                    motor: bbs02 750W
                    battery: 48V 13Ah, 65cells LG M26
                    battery is in large shark case, it is in backpack for now as it cant fit on downtube. I ordered smaller shark casing 52cells, will go without cell holders and place 56 cells 14s4p, so it will be 52V 10.6Ah and it will fit on downtube.

last picture shows how I solve power cut off, basiclly it is power on demand, this is momentary switch taken from brake lever that came with kit, this is working great as I ride this bike mostly on trails. I wil eventually go for palmrest handles and integrate this switch better in handle or change switch for some smaller one. This works simple, when holding switch pressed you have power, as soon as you release it you have power cutoff.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170819_170636.jpg Views:	1 Size:	188.9 KB ID:	43050Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170817_081756.jpg Views:	1 Size:	249.0 KB ID:	43049

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170817_081805.jpg Views:	1 Size:	227.6 KB ID:	43051Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170814_074118.jpg Views:	1 Size:	242.8 KB ID:	43052

Update: 3.9.2017.
                    I finally received smaller shark case (52 cells), as I had case with 65 cells. I swap batteries this weekend into smaller casing (without cells holders, so I fit 56 cells 14s4p) and install 52v battery on down tube. it fit perfectly, here is picture.

Name:	IMG_20170903_153822.jpg
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	44256
                    I had to make modification on cradle to bolt it onto downtube, but nothing major.
                    Last edited by Mar001; 2 weeks ago. Reason: Updating with battery installed on downtube

Comment

Originally posted by richardgreer View Post
                      BBS02 on 2007 Giant Trance 2 (no modification required)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n16532[/ATTACH]
                      Hello from France,

I have a old Giant Trance 2 of 2007 and I need your advice to install a kit Bafang bbs01 350W 36V.
                      It seem that some people of you have been successful install this kit.

My questions :

Do you think that the distance between the ground and the motor is a problem during mountain bike practice.
                      And I need your advice about the integration of the battery with this cycle. If you have some link I will be very happy

Sorry for my mistake language :)

Kind regards

Jean-Claude

Last edited by jclaudej; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X