• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My stable.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tonerider View Post
      My stable.
      I like your V-10. You should do a little thread on it.

By the way it is good to see I am not the only sicko out here with multiple rides.
      Last edited by calfee20; 11-16-2021, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by calfee20 View Post

I like your V-10. You should do a little thread on it.

By the way it is good to see I am not the only sicko out here with multiple rides.
        I built the first bike, and my wife promptly claimed it for herself, so I built the V10, knowing it would be too big for her. She then whined til I built the specialized for her, and now I can`t keep up with her!
        Attached Files

Comment

I pretty much made an account to say this build can be done. (Its been asked a couple times in other threads on this forum)

Surly Ice Cream Truck
          frame size xl
          bbshd (ludicrous)
          luna wolf v2
          (Full luna build kit)

Note*
          The bottom bracket for the ice cream truck changed in 2019, older frames will not work.
          Note*
          The chainline is going to be off pretty much no matter what. (I guess you could run a rohloff igh and it would probably be a good solution but thats more $)
          Note*
          The chainstays are too intrusive for the 100mm bbshd, you have to run the 120mm with a lot of spacers. You also need offset for the chainring because of how much this throws off the chainline. (I used the luna eclipse 42 tooth.) Once this is done you now have to work a ballancing act between bottom bracket spacers and chainring spacers both of various sizes. My chainring has maybe 2mm of clearance between it and the chainstay, maybe less.

Its still a work in progress. Ill probably try to put on a chainguide although the bad chainline seems to be working for now.

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice job man

• Voodoo1
            Voodoo1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you. Its a work in progress but Im having fun.

2019 Farley 5 bbshd build. my 1st build. Not much information on farley conversions and I was hesitant to even try, but I found a guy in England that documented his Farley build and that gave me the confidence to try. Bottom bracket is press fit and 121mm wide. So, had to grind some of the bbshd case off to fit, also had to get press fit adapter from luna. Added 40t lekkie bling ring and adapter plate, 160mm lekkie crank arms. Triangle battery from EM3V. 12 speed eagle drivetrain. Added Manitou Mastodon 120mm fork, Box One low rise BMX chromoly handlebar, PNW range 40mm stem, Specialized cruiser seat, PNW suspension dropper seatpost. Mud Hugger fenders, Portland Designworks downtube fender, 203 mm rotors front and rear with stock Sram brakes- probably will be next upgrade to Hayes dominion 4pots. Rear wheel is 26" Alex Blizzerk 70, front 27.5 Duroc 50 with Van Helgas. Bontrager rapid drive 108 xd rear hub. Left side universal thumb throttle. This rig is fun, rips pretty good, pops wheelies in 50t cog. Chainline turned out pretty good, all gears useable. Not a budget build, I'm pretty sure I've got between 5-6000 bucks into this bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo1 View Post
            I pretty much made an account to say this build can be done. (Its been asked a couple times in other threads on this forum)

Surly Ice Cream Truck
            frame size xl
            bbshd (ludicrous)
            luna wolf v2
            (Full luna build kit)

Note*
            The bottom bracket for the ice cream truck changed in 2019, older frames will not work.
            Note*
            The chainline is going to be off pretty much no matter what. (I guess you could run a rohloff igh and it would probably be a good solution but thats more $)
            Note*
            The chainstays are too intrusive for the 100mm bbshd, you have to run the 120mm with a lot of spacers. You also need offset for the chainring because of how much this throws off the chainline. (I used the luna eclipse 42 tooth.) Once this is done you now have to work a ballancing act between bottom bracket spacers and chainring spacers both of various sizes. My chainring has maybe 2mm of clearance between it and the chainstay, maybe less.

Its still a work in progress. Ill probably try to put on a chainguide although the bad chainline seems to be working for now.
            how did you get your hands on ludicrous controller? did it come with bbshd motor, or did you add it to existing motor? I emailed luna asking to buy bbshd with ludicrous controller but they said they couldn't do it. I didn't ask to buy the controller alone tho.

Comment

• Voodoo1
              Voodoo1 commented
              Editing a comment
              2 years ago Luna ran a black friday special where they would sell you a bbshd with ludicrous controller and thats when I bought it. Its the
              version 1.
              Now they have the ludicrous version 2.

Maybe you could get a bbshd with ludicrous controller but you are going to have to contact the company and talk to somebody to special order it.

I think paxtana, who is on this forum, works for them. He would be the person to ask if it can be done.

Looking on their website it does seem as though you can buy a ludicrous v2 controller with management approval.
              Last edited by Voodoo1; 12-04-2021, 04:43 PM.

• Schrambo
              Schrambo commented
              Editing a comment
              I asked nicely if I could get a Ludi V2 as a loyal customer that currently has the Ludi V1... I got a nice response that the V2 was still in "Beta" and not currently available to the general public...

Here's another Surly build... I call her Moby Grape...

-2020 Surly Wednesday frame, Small
            -120mm BBSHD Ludi V1 kit
            -Luna triangle bag with EM3ev 52V (14S6P, 14.7 ah) Hard-Case Triangle triangle battery (Luna was out of triangle batteries at the time, just barely fits)
            -42T Lekkie chain ring... Advent 9sp shifter/derailleur/8sp Box Components steel cassette, jiggered to use 6 cogs because of the severe chainline... Surly Snuggnuts on rear wheel stops the axle from sliding forward...
            -Luna offset crank arms
            -Magura MT5 Estop brakes with 203mm F/R rotors... Bike, rider and typical load >300#...

Spacing with washers to clear the chainring centered out the offset pedals perfectly...

993 miles on it, I get 85-90 miles of flat riding, 50 miles on rolling hills... I've modified a program I found here from AZGuy for BBSHD smoothness, really upped my mileage...

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_25922.jpg Views:	5 Size:	1.09 MB ID:	144883
            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0575.jpg Views:	0 Size:	687.5 KB ID:	144888 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0583.jpg Views:	0 Size:	520.6 KB ID:	144885 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0577.jpg Views:	0 Size:	657.8 KB ID:	144889 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0585.jpg Views:	0 Size:	685.2 KB ID:	144886
            Last edited by Schrambo; 12-21-2021, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• 73Eldo
              73Eldo commented
              Editing a comment
              Way cool. I thought they went to through axles on the Wednesday but apparently not. Do you recall roughly how many spacers you needed? I presume you went till the gear case was just barely clearing the chainstay? Then no spacers on the Lekkie 42? Monkey nuts are also an option to keep the wheel from pulling forward on bikes with horizontal drops like most of the Surly's. Which bars are those and do you like them?

• Schrambo
              Schrambo commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry for the late reply... I have 6-2.5mm spacers on the left side, 6mm spacers on the right(drive) side... No spacer on the Lekkie chain ring... Centers the Luna offset cranks and leaves about 1mm on the drive side to clear the chainstay...

The bars are Jones 710mm SG 2.5 bars with SQLabs grips... Very comfortable setup, for me...
              Last edited by Schrambo; 12-21-2021, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• 73Eldo
              73Eldo commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks like a fun ride. How about some details or a link to your build thread if there is one? I'm sure others with that or a similar model would love to know the specific parts you used and any special issues you had to deal with like spacers or mods to make it work. Also any clearance issues with your battery like that or the motor hanging down that low?
          Working...
          X