Clear All

• pure_mahem
    replied
    Trauma Kit-Bike Mounted (continued)
    Z-Pak Dressing

Hyfin Vent Chest Seals

Nasopharyngeal Airway w/ Surgilube

Nitrile Exam Gloves
    Last edited by pure_mahem; 12-22-2019, 04:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pure_mahem
    replied
    I've done a lot of thinking over adding this to my bike. Perhaps the accidents I had in my youth with ATVs played a large role in my decision making factor. I've hit a tree with a 3 wheeler and drove the foot peg through my heel. I had to up right the 3 wheeler get it started and gun it for home on one leg. When I got home my Dad use a towel and duct tape to wrap my foot and apply pressure while my Brother drove us as fast as he could to the nearest ER. Where the Doctor proceeded to tell me that I missed the artery in my foot by an 1/8" and I was very very lucky. I would of bled to death in the woods if I had cut it.

Now I get it I could go forever and not need this but the reality is Shit Happens and it's nice to be prepared. Make no mistake this is no Boo Boo Kit. This is a Shit Just Got Real and your Fkd if you dont get medical attention. The items here may just keep you alive until you can get that medical attention. Even if you put this together yourself it isn't cheap your talking a $100 if not more. This is a personal decision that each of us must make for our self. I think it's a good idea and I'm choosing to mount the kit to the ebike so that it is always with it. The Boo Boo Kit goes in my Camp Gear.

I encourage anyone who is interested in this type of kit to get the training necessary to know how to use it. For a Youtube source of good information but not a substitute for hands on training Skinny Medic's Channel. This kit does lack one item from being a full trauma kit and that is a chest decompression catheter. I dont have the training to use that so I don't carry it. If you do it wrong you could kill someone. I may eventually include it as this kit is strictly meant to be used on myself.

Caution if you do assemble one of these kits get your CAT Tourniquet from North American Rescue Website Directly or Skinny Medic's Site or another Authorized Dealer listed from NAR website. There are a lot of counterfeit tourniquets on the market and this is not something you want to have be a fake for obvious reasons.

Trauma Kit-Bike Mounted
    Orca Tactical MOLLE EMT Medical First Aid IFAK Utility Pouch

Trauma Shears

CAT Tourniquet

Quick Clot Gauze

OLAES Bandage
    Last edited by pure_mahem; 12-22-2019, 04:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pure_mahem
    replied
    Cargo Carriers - On Bicycle (continued)
    Axiom Seymour P55 Panniers
    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	98717
    These are the Panniers I have decided to add to my rear rack for my trip. I did look at the Ortlieb Panniers, I'm not debating that they are most likely the best option. However, I'm not ready to drop that kind of investment on something that is pretty much just going to carry my camping gear. My camping gear really boarders on the UL side far as pack out weight. Well under 15 lbs. not counting my food bag. Even then that will be under 10 lbs per a side. These are sold by the pair currently at $130 but I have seen them less than $90 for the pair. I will watch them to see if the price drops before ordering as I still have almost 6 months before I will need them. At any rate they are a fraction of the price of a pair of Ortlieb panniers. I can always upgrade later but for now I think these will do.
    Last edited by pure_mahem; 12-22-2019, 03:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pure_mahem
    replied
    Tubeless (continued)
    Vee Speedster 26x3.5 120 TPI Silica Compound Tubeless Ready Tires

Stan's NoTubes 32mm Schrader Valve Stem

This is the combination I plan to run this Spring on the Erie Canalway Trail. I'm hoping the low rolling resistance will help increase my range per charge on my batteries and the Schrader Valves will increase durability and make for getting easy air from Convenience Stores and Gas Stations if needed.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pure_mahem; 12-22-2019, 03:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pure_mahem
    commented on 's reply
    After a seasons worth of riding the Stan's No Tubes has held up well. For next season I am planning to convert my rims to Schrader Valves and put on some Vee Speedster Tubeless Ready Tires. I have plans to do a bikepacking trip along the Erie Canalway Trail in NY and it's all paved. So I'm thinking I may get better range per a charge with this low rolling resistant tire. While I do have adapters for the Presta Valves. I think the Schrader Valves are just more durable and common. I dont need to worry about carrying an adapter or finding it when I need to air up and can then air up at pretty much any Gas Station or Convenience Store with Air.

• pure_mahem
    commented on 's reply
    I've found that using 1 of the Kryptonite U locks is enough especially when combined with a flex cable. This is the lock you want if you have large Fat Tires. Make no mistake this thing is Freaking Heavy.

• pure_mahem
    commented on 's reply
    Ended up swapping back to the Selle Royal. I will just have to space out my ride time. Wider cushy saddles are definitely better especially if your a heavy guy.

• pure_mahem
    replied
    Visibility
    Yellow Smiley Safety Flag on 72" x 5/16" Whip

Name:	
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	98638
    I mounted this on the rear rack on my bike so the flag is really up there. I added the for the parade. Not sure if I will keep it or not. It adds quite a bit of drag and noise from the flag flapping. It's here for now. I even added some LED wreath lights up the pole.

Adjustable Reflective Safety Vest

Name:	
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	98639
    I keep this with the bike. It can been worn over anything.

High Visibility Reflective Safety Hoodie

Name:	
Size:	223.7 KB
ID:	98640Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	98641
    I like wearing this when cooler temps call for a sweat shirt. this is nice and warm.
    Last edited by pure_mahem; 12-20-2019, 04:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pure_mahem
    commented on 's reply
    With these larger 1 Liter Smart Water Bottles I think I may need to add a piece of shock cord to the top fo each of the Delta Cycle Bottle Cages so they dont bounce loose if I were to hit a bump.

• pure_mahem
    replied
    Planning for a trip this spring I added a way to hold some water to my bike. It's pretty darn cold out right now so I'm not out there riding and the bike is put up til warm weather. Nothing better to do than play around with different things. I installed 2 Wolftooth B-Rad 4 Mounts, 2 Wolftooth Double Water Bottle mounts and 4 Delta Cycle Bottle Cages to carry 4 Smart Water bottles. I have 3 mounting bolts on my front fork but it did not give me a good solution for carrying water and mounting my lights. I was able to play around with getting the best position of the Wolftooth B-Rad 4 mounts to allow mounting of my lights, use of the the Delta Cycle Bottle Cages and still allow for the removal of the front thru axle without issue. Seeing how I will not be test riding until warmer weather I do have concerns that adding this much water may effect the handling of the bike. It is currently set up to carry 4 1 Liter Smart Water Bottles. I could switch to 4 700ml Smart water bottles or even 500ml Smart Water Bottles if this proves to be to much weight. I was going for max capacity first. No telling where I may end up in my travels. Highly unlikely in the Northeast that I will need 4 Liters of water but you never know until you know. The good thing is that this set up gives me options to play with if adjustments need to be made.

Name:	
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	98635
    Water
    Wolf Tooth Components B-Rad 4

Name:	
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	98630
    Wolf Tooth Components B-Rad Double Bottle Adapter

Name:	
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	98631
    Delta Cycle 101 Alloy Bottle Cage

Name:	
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	98632
    Smart Water (Currently using 1 Liter, 750ml Shown)

Name:	
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	98633
    Last edited by pure_mahem; 12-20-2019, 03:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pure_mahem
    commented on 's reply
    I ended up adding the Bright Spoke Lights to my Bike Wheels. My Father and I participated in the first parade our town has ever had. I like them and left them in place. The battery for the light is easily removed for charging. I do plan to buy another pair to add to my trailer wheels as well.

• pure_mahem
    commented on 's reply
    I stopped using the Red Blinky lights. Mainly because I lost one. I really smacked the side of the trailer on something and busted the mount. Not damaging the trailer but I never found the light. So I removed the side markers. I do run Grateful Red USB lights on the rear of the trailer so it is still lit up quite well.

• pure_mahem
    commented on 's reply
    I've stopped using everything in this post. The Cmeilan X5 worked well as a Brake light but the controller is just to hard to use. It's easy to click on something but it's really not clear if the function you clicked is on and you never know what mode its in after you activate it. I liked having the brake light function but it's really not necessary.

The Planet Bike Grateful Red I love. I loved it so much I bought an upgrade to it and now use the USB version of this same light. The bonus of this is I no longer need to carry the AAA batteries for the light. I can simply recharge from my Anker Powercore. The USB version of the Grateful Red light is also 10 grams lighter.

• pure_mahem
    replied
    My most recent addition. I can't even tell you how effective this is, lol

Name:	
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	92334
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• pure_mahem
    commented on 's reply
    I like the Wolf Tooth Seatpost Clamp but I'm currently using a EVO Quick Release Seat Post Clamp. I'm using a new saddle and am having to make fine adjustments on the fly and being able to do that tool less is quite convenient. When I get that dialed in again I will make my pencil mark on my seat post and switch back to the Wolf Tooth Seatpost Clamp.
Working...
X