Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

womens townie with bbshd, how low can you go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

womens townie with bbshd, how low can you go!

Here it is. My third build. Wife's bike, she loves it. Very easy 68mm install, no spacers. Would not fit up in the frame, even with the stub cut out. The 2013 townie 21 sp. had a cheap front suspension, which helps. I'm going to get a seat suspension. Used the universal thumb throttle on the right and brake cutout levers. Put the gear selector upside down on the left. I tried the battery on the front of the down tube, but it hit the big tire I installed ( 26x2.55, has 1/4" clearance, maybe a 3" would fit, front and rear?). So I hit on putting it under the bottom bracket. It's a comfort, feet forward frame and has enough length underneath to hang the wolf battery. 2 zip ties through the slots on the battery and 2 more around the whole thing. I cut a block of wood to make it level in the rear and put a inner tube pad where it hits the motor. The pedals hang down further then the battery about 1/2". It has 51/4" of ground clearance. It's not a mountain bike, but it does haul ass and climb! I am pleased to report that the bbshd does NOT have the throttle issue. I was prepared to do one of the "fixes" to the controller, like my last one, but this new one works smooth between PAS and throttle like my 6 year old one. Luna has fixed them. The Mini 500 display is great. It's a fun bike, easy to mount and rides light, the weight being so low. Maybe a record!
    Happy Motoring, e-rod

3" tire won't fit. 2.55" fits.

Comment

Working...
    X