Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

womens townie with bbshd, how low can you go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

womens townie with bbshd, how low can you go!

Here it is. My third build. Wife's bike, she loves it. Very easy 68mm install, no spacers. Would not fit up in the frame, even with the stub cut out. The 2013 townie 21 sp. had a cheap front suspension, which helps. I'm going to get a seat suspension. Used the universal thumb throttle on the right and brake cutout levers. Put the gear selector upside down on the left. I tried the battery on the front of the down tube, but it hit the big tire I installed ( 26x2.55, has 1/4" clearance, maybe a 3" would fit, front and rear?). So I hit on putting it under the bottom bracket. It's a comfort, feet forward frame and has enough length underneath to hang the wolf battery. 2 zip ties through the slots on the battery and 2 more around the whole thing. I cut a block of wood to make it level in the rear and put a inner tube pad where it hits the motor. The pedals hang down further then the battery about 1/2". It has 51/4" of ground clearance. It's not a mountain bike, but it does haul ass and climb! I am pleased to report that the bbshd does NOT have the throttle issue. I was prepared to do one of the "fixes" to the controller, like my last one, but this new one works smooth between PAS and throttle like my 6 year old one. Luna has fixed them. The Mini 500 display is great. It's a fun bike, easy to mount and rides light, the weight being so low. Maybe a record!
    Happy Motoring, e-rod

3" tire won't fit. 2.55" fits.

Comment

I was able to fit my Luna Wolf Pack (13.5Ah with MJ1 cells) between the top and bottom frame tubes. The only challenging part of the build was fitting the Wolf Pack in between the top & bottom tubes on the magnetic mounting plate from Luna. I installed four 5 mm Rivnuts for strength in the middle of the bottom tube. Installing the magnetic mounting plate I put two washers on the outside two rivnuts between the frame and the plate to accommodate for the curve of the bottom tube and reinforce the support. After trying unsuccessfully to mount the battery to the magnetic plate, I moved the bracket down the tube a bit to allow for the last bit of space necessary to wrestle it in place. Once the battery is almost able to make it over the ledge of the track I just pressed the top of the mounting plate down (i.e. temporarily bending it) and it clicked into place. Then I pushed the battery down to where it is now and it isn't going anywhere soon. :-)

The bonus is that someone cannot steal this battery without a lot of work.
      Attached Files

Comment

nice townie build! we are having fun! Happy Motoring, e-rod

Comment

Working...
        X