No announcement yet.

My first TIG frame, a city bike

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to preventing your hydraulic pistons from getting screwed up, here is a pad spacer in the brake pads while the wheel is out:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3871.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	74328

Comment

Apparently that is all I got. I will add the rest of the build later: shortening a hydraulic hose, dealing with ebrake motor cutoff wires on a pedal bike, adding headlights and tail lights and a custom rack.
      Last edited by commuter ebikes; 09-20-2018, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Looking great.

How you liking the tannus, does it provide a decent amount of dampening? What sort of rim width did you go with, was the install tool easy to use?

I did the same thing you described on my first set of hydros once, test pulling the lever before fitment and effectively broke it within five minutes of taking it out the box. Live and learn.

Comment

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
          Looking great.

How you liking the tannus, does it provide a decent amount of dampening? What sort of rim width did you go with, was the install tool easy to use?

I did the same thing you described on my first set of hydros once, test pulling the lever before fitment and effectively broke it within five minutes of taking it out the box. Live and learn.
          Installing Tannus tires is like fighting a battle that you know you will win. It is not particularly difficult, but it can be slow going. The Tannus tires ride very hard; there is no cushioning.

This bike has no suspension, so with the bumpy ride I will just have to remind myself that I will never get a flat tire. Flat tires and commuting are a terrible combination!

Here is the dope on the rim:

Name:	IMG_3885.JPG
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	74343
          Last edited by commuter ebikes; 09-21-2018, 07:20 AM.

Comment

And an even more informative picture of the WTB rim:

Name:	rim.PNG
Size:	852.6 KB
ID:	74346

Comment

Also, thanks so much to Luna for paying for the bandwidth of all these forum pictures.

As you know, this website has a very high Alexa Global Rank: 103,976 for the last 3 months and 49,232 pageviews/day so Google serves up links to this forum at or near the top of the search term results.
              Last edited by commuter ebikes; 09-21-2018, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Nice welds. Did you make your own jig?

Comment

Originally posted by windswooper View Post
                  Nice welds. Did you make your own jig?
                  I used an Anvil Journeyman.

The majority of those welds were ground down and filed smooth.

Comment

Here are pictures with a cleaner background. I am setting about shortening the hydraulic hose right now (I will post pictures here of that fun). And I ordered the headlights http://www.bikeman.com/LT9473.html and tail lights http://www.bikeman.com/LT9136.html

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3908.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.98 MB ID:	74371
                    Last edited by commuter ebikes; 09-21-2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Nondrive side:

Name:	IMG_3903.JPG
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	74374

Comment

The bike is done except for headlights. Shortening the hydraulic hose was challenging.

Name:	IMG_3991.JPG
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	74403Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3987.JPG
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	74404

Comment

Working...
                        X