Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures of my first brazed frame, a fat bike.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the nondrive side:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3891.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	74378

Comment

Are you taking orders for custom fabrication yet, shall I refer folks to you that want a custom frame?

Got a guy that wants a stretch ebike like a long version of Luna banana that can seat three heavy guys. And I guess use some massive motor like monster cyclone to power it.

Comment

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
        Are you taking orders for custom fabrication yet, shall I refer folks to you that want a custom frame?

Got a guy that wants a stretch ebike like a long version of Luna banana that can seat three heavy guys. And I guess use some massive motor like monster cyclone to power it.
        The fixtures, milling machine and other equipment will actually take me 4-5 years to save up for! That is because I am going to welding school and then machining school which is pretty expensive. The schools always have a higher priority than the equipment.

I will be around here moderating daily and posting when I get time. Once I get the equipment, I will definitely do custom stuff. Knowing me, I will post the play by play. I have 76 weekends alone at school with nothing to do. I'm sure I will rewrite my notes and post them up in this section along with pictures of the action if the schools allow photos.

My paying job is 6 days/58-60 hours a week and my unpaid job is 8 hours on top of that, so I actually wouldn't have time to do very much until I retire. It's on then! I will be able to hit the ground running.

I wrenched on this bike today. I shortened the hydraulic hoses (which was a hassle) and installed the water bottle cages. My wife was out here helping me with the brake bleed.
        Last edited by commuter ebikes; 09-21-2018, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Really nice bike! Looking forward to seeing your custom works in the future.
          Trek Roscoe w/ BBS02, mt wheels, conti 700c tyres

Comment

Working...
          X