Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures of my first brazed frame, a fat bike.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the nondrive side:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3891.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	74378

Comment

• marek7805
      marek7805 commented
      Editing a comment
      beauty!!!....want to do the same with my surly ICT!...would you recommend the motor power? only rear wheel hub...bb size is 132mm so no mid option possible...my surly is currently has 197 x 12 thru axle wheel but i hope with surly MDS plates - adapter i can use 190mm quick-release wheel / motor... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sucMUL_dwg&t=12s

Are you taking orders for custom fabrication yet, shall I refer folks to you that want a custom frame?

Got a guy that wants a stretch ebike like a long version of Luna banana that can seat three heavy guys. And I guess use some massive motor like monster cyclone to power it.

Comment

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
      Are you taking orders for custom fabrication yet, shall I refer folks to you that want a custom frame?

Got a guy that wants a stretch ebike like a long version of Luna banana that can seat three heavy guys. And I guess use some massive motor like monster cyclone to power it.
      The fixtures, milling machine and other equipment will actually take me 4-5 years to save up for! That is because I am going to welding school and then machining school which is pretty expensive. The schools always have a higher priority than the equipment.

I will be around here moderating daily and posting when I get time. Once I get the equipment, I will definitely do custom stuff. Knowing me, I will post the play by play. I have 76 weekends alone at school with nothing to do. I'm sure I will rewrite my notes and post them up in this section along with pictures of the action if the schools allow photos.

My paying job is 6 days/58-60 hours a week and my unpaid job is 8 hours on top of that, so I actually wouldn't have time to do very much until I retire. It's on then! I will be able to hit the ground running.

I wrenched on this bike today. I shortened the hydraulic hoses (which was a hassle) and installed the water bottle cages. My wife was out here helping me with the brake bleed.
      Last edited by commuter ebikes; 09-21-2018, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Really nice bike! Looking forward to seeing your custom works in the future.
        Trek Roscoe w/ BBS02, mt wheels, conti 700c tyres

Comment

Working...
        X