21.5 frame size
    Seven
    G2
    xcaliber

it has 3 speeds front and 9 rear
    and we measure at 73mm on bottom bracket

would like some suggestions on kits for it

thank you

The BBSHD will give you more power, and from what I understand, it is a little more robust/durable. I'm guessing that either one will work for you, I did a BBSHD on a bike with a 73 mm bottom bracket, and it worked well. You will be taking the front derailleur off as part of the build, so you will have 9 gears in back, which is plenty.

Comment

thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by cvin View Post
        This bike is scratched up some and i am not sure what model
        or if anyone else might have done a build on this or a similar bike
        these things are listed on the bike in various places

gary fisher 29 inch hard tail
        21.5 frame size
        Seven
        G2
        xcaliber

it has 3 speeds front and 9 rear
        and we measure at 73mm on bottom bracket

would like some suggestions on kits for it

thank you
        I am currently building a bike using a 2010 Trek Sawyer 29er and a BBSHD. It sounds like our builds will be very similar. What I have found, thus far, in fitting the motor to the bike is that the motor housing hit the chainstays before it was seated to the BB (mine is also a 73mm). I had bought a "spacer kit" for install but they were largely useless and I had to make my own spacers. I ended up making a .200" spacer to clear the chainstays, and then two .390" spacers for the two bolts that attach to the motor and anti-rotation rink on the left side of the BB. As for remaining threads, after spacing out the motor, I have enough threads to install the main locking nut but only a few threads for the outer threaded "locknut". I'm not sure how well that second lockricg will work with only a couple threads of grip. If you arn't able to machine your own spacers, or can't find someone to do them for you, let me know & I'll see what I can do to help.

Comment

Really appreciate that, after pricing out a kit with battery etc. felt like I could just buy a radrover or some thing for not much more money

obviously not as nice a bike but my friend needs fat tires and his other one is only 2.2

so we are going to go in another direction

at some point we might put a kit on this but right now we just want to get them riding

thanks a lot for this input and I hope your build works out good, keep us up-to-date

Comment

Working...
          X