bike chainring for conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bike chainring for conversion

was going to do my second ebike conversion using another bbs02 and the below bike. i was almost going to get the 48t chain ring until i saw on the specs the teeth count is 44 on the stock bike. should i keep it the same or can i go with the 48T with stock chain? if 48T would that require a new chain ? what about 46T?

Say hello to your new bicycle bestie. Supremely comfortable, super low maintenance, and ready to ride whenever you are, living the bike life has never been easier. Become the queen of your neighborhood as you cruise Around the Block with style and grace.

CASSETTE Brand: Shimano Teeth Count: 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, & 28
    CRANKSET Crank Material: Steel Crank Arm Length: 165mm or 6.5"in Teeth Count: 44

With a 28 in the back you would usually want to go as small as is practical in the front unless you are going for a very high speed setup.

Based on the specs you gave and that you are going with an 02 it doesn't sound like you are going for a high performance setup so I would say go with the size that gives you the best fit for the chain line.
    I'm not really up on the options for the BBS02 but I think there are a few different offsets. Since the stock ring is a 44 its possible that the frame kicks out suddenly so a 48 may not fit. You don't want to have to space the ring out because that starts to effect the chain line and ability to use the lower gears.

Comment

Working...
    X