• Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time builder, battery question

Click image for larger version

Name:	ebike wires 1.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	129443 Hello everyone, I've just about finished my DIY build but I have different connectors on the ends of the power cables coming from the base of my battery and my controller. Is there anything I can do?
    Attached Files

If it were me, I'd just change them both to XT60 connectors.

Or, you could just add the appropriate bullet connectors to the two raw ends.

Comment

Originally posted by MemberOfDistinction View Post
      If it were me, I'd just change them both to XT60 connectors.

Or, you could just add the appropriate bullet connectors to the two raw ends.
      Ok XT60, thanks a ton, headed to the hardware store in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by jojimbo View Post

Ok XT60, thanks a ton, headed to the hardware store in the morning
        They are rated for 30A continuous and 60A peak current.
        If you want to be extra safe, you could also use XT90 connectors.

Comment

• BadBac
          BadBac commented
          Editing a comment
          This. Given the choice, spend just a touch more for peace of mind

Not sure if you got this yet or not. A hardware store won't have the XT connectors unless they happen to also sell things like RC cars and such. IF you know of a hobby type store that does sell Remote Control cars and such they would likely have XT connectors. Note also that the XT connectors would have to be soldered so you need the proper tools and a little practice to do that.

A typical hardware store may have the other ends to make to the stock connectors or for sure should have a very similar connector that you could buy both ends of and replace the stock ones. If this is just a 250 or maybe 500w motor crimp on hardware store ends may be just fine. Note also here that to do a decent quality crimp you need a decent quality crimping tool designed for the specific style and type of crimp you are trying to use.

Comment

Working...
        X