Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Reading To Buy A Bike For a Bafang BBSHD 1000W Mid Drive Kit $899.95 $669.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Reading To Buy A Bike For a Bafang BBSHD 1000W Mid Drive Kit $899.95 $669.00

I'd really like to find something that is crank forward, but I want Hydraulic disc brakes. I've been searching the internet, but I'm afraid I must be using the wrong search criteria. It seems that there isn't a crank forward at least that I can find that can take disk brakes. Am I missing something! I will use the bike to commute 22 miles round trip to work and to replace my jeep for all local travel. The frame needs to be fairly stout, because I currently weigh 243 lbs. but aluminum to keep the weight down as much as possible.

There are no crank forwards with disc brakes. Just upgrade the brake pads on a Townie. V Brakes with good pads are a 26" disc. I can stop as short as I could on my gas scooter from 30MPH with KoolStop eBike grey pads, and nearly as well with Kool Stop MTB pads.

Comment

I think spinning magnets has one of these. It is a 3.5" fat tire bike with mechanical discs that could be converted to hydraulic brakes.

Cruiser Lux Fat Tire 7D | Electra Bikes

Comment

I just found this disc brake conversion kit is anyone here familiar with it and whether it is good or not.
        GNGELECTRIC---Electric bike conversion kitElectric trike kitHub motorGas bike kit - COMPLETE DISC KIT - Gngelectric supply inexpensive electric bike kits system which allow you to convert your own conventional bike into a battery-powered electric bicycle.

Comment

You could take a look on bikes direct. That money will get you a good bike there.

Comment

Originally posted by New Mariner View Post
            You could take a look on bikes direct. That money will get you a good bike there.

I was looking at this one, but its a mountain bike. I'd have to get a new stem, because I need an upright riding position, because I have nerve damage in my right hand and arm. As a result I have to limit the amount of resting weight on my hand. My only question is would the bike look weird if I made the seating position upright.
            Last edited by TomAllyn; 08-02-2016, 06:39 AM.

Comment

I too have issues with wrists. Made my MTB Fat bike into upright style cruiser. Also got bars with more sweep. Put wrists in a more neutral position. It's a matter of what you like. Not what someone else thinks is weird.. Mine definitely weirder than most.Could care less. Cruising the BBSHD with a smile on my face

Comment

Originally posted by New Mariner View Post
                I too have issues with wrists. Made my MTB Fat bike into upright style cruiser. Also got bars with more sweep. Put wrists in a more neutral position. It's a matter of what you like. Not what someone else thinks is weird.. Mine definitely weirder than most.Could care less. Cruising the BBSHD with a smile on my face

Would you mind posting a picture so I can get a visual of what is possible.

Comment

Whatever you can think of is possible. Pictures on my phone. Disregard those bars. A riser bar will do the same and eliminate some of the added stem crap I have. A simple high angle adjustable stem could have been used with a decent riser bar with 30-45 degrees of sweep. Mine was built on a cheap walmart fatbike

Comment

Bikes direct has several IGH hub cruisers that are pedal forward in design

Comment

I almost jumped on a used Electra Amsterdam 3 speed, but it has coaster brakes. Don't really like the thin 700c wheels, but I'd put the widest tires that would fit.

Comment

Comment

Thats a bit outside what I'm willing to spend - $809 Wow!

Comment

• Rix Ryds
                            Rix Ryds commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You might try craigslist. I have found some amazing deals. Just bought a Sun EZ-Tad sx trike $1500 MSRP. $200 on craigslist. Quality ain't cheap. But you can buy it for less if you buy used.

I'm looking at a used 2016 Giant Cypress right now. Does anyone here know if the components on this are high enough quality and the frame for that matter. The MSRP is only $440. ​https://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us...specifications

Comment

• Rix Ryds
                            Rix Ryds commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Nice bike, but for the money I'd get a used Electra Townie. Louis is right, rim brakes are fine, actually superior to cheap mechanical disks, when the right pads are used. And Townies are great build bikes, way comfortable!

No disc brakes. Some low end components

Comment

Working...
                          X