Wiring connectors for a newbie, Anderson to XT60 male

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring connectors for a newbie, Anderson to XT60 male

SSHD has an Anderson connector and my battery has a female XT60 connection. I couldn't find a premade adaptor. ( They all had male XT60's). They both came with Pig tails so I twisted the wire and wrapped them with some electrical tape. Poof, it looks just a weeee bit less than professional and full of potential energy for a fire right under my seat..... Any advice?

Seems to be working fine. So far.

Comment

If it were me, I would at least solder and shrink-wrap the connections. You can get these combination shrink-wrap butt connectors so you don't even need a soldering iron. Just heat them up and the solder flows and the shrink-wrap shrinks.

Comment

At least use some wire nuts.
        Plenty of other ways.
        https://www.ebay.com/itm/32459686317...MaArRUEALw_wcB
        This is the xt60 end that should be on the motor side of the harness. If your battery has this end then be super careful.
        Try local remote control hobby shops. Many of them do soldering of battery connectors and will likely have xt60's. Or they'll likely even be able to do Anderson's.
        Even the aforementioned butt connectors would work. Though I'd rather have the ability to disconnect the battery from the system.

Comment

Twisted wires = bad (asking for problems)

On any wires but especially on anything carrying more than an amp or so (asking for serious problems)

Butt splice crimps are excellent *if* done properly... I tend to solder butt splices only on small wires...

Comment

Here is an ebay seller that has adapters.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142761234809

Comment

Working...
            X