Trying to get my gears from my old tire onto my new ebike tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to get my gears from my old tire onto my new ebike tire

Hey guys new builder here I’ve got a question for you. How do I get this old cassette and free hub onto my new motorized E bike conversion kit hub. No instructions and I don’t know if I’m using the correct names I will try to attach pictures here. Any advice or video tutorials you can link me to would be much appreciated as I’m stuck once again.

I did get the first part off successfully

Comment

You have 2 different systems there that aren't compatible. Your original gears are on a cassette where the freewheel is part of the hub and the cogs are separate. The second hub is for a freewheel. That has the cogs and the freewheel as one unit that screws onto the hub. You'll have to buy a freewheel for it to work. Something like this for example: https://www.amazon.com/DRIFT-MANIAC-...s%2C380&sr=8-2 This is just an example not one I am suggesting.

Comment

• 73Eldo
        73Eldo commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep I agree. Even down to the one linked, that is likely the style, it looks like your old one was an 8 speed but I too know nothing about that specific brand and model.

Cassettes/freewheels are cheap - time for a new one anyway

Comment

You need a 7 speed freewheel.
        Not 8 speed.

Comment

Thank you guys, this is exactly what I needed I appreciate all of your responses and I will check out the shop and buy a new freewheel in the proper size and number of gears.

Comment

Working...
          X