X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

68mm BB-MT500 bottom bracket

Hey I need some help beffore ordering BBS02B
    I have 68mm bottom bracket but with BB-MT500
    Not shure the size of shell inner diameter (can't disasable bike don't have tools at the moment and I need the bike as well )
    Anyone here maybe already did something or is knowledge bout bb mt500 to bafang ?
    I Could only find a posts about bb-mt500-PA
    But I'm afraid shell will be to big. Or worst case won't fit at all if there is no she'll adapters or something ...
    Could really use some help here

Here are some pictures to help . Would be grateful if some would send me the right way
    Find, rate and share the best memes and images. Discover the magic of the Internet at Imgur.

Comment

I just did a little research and found outh yes it is not press fit it is threaded
      SHIMANO DEORE - Bottom Bracket - Threaded - HOLLOWTECH II - 68/73 mm shell width. SHIMANO DEORE - Bottom Bracket - Press-Fit - HOLLOWTECH II - 68/73 mm shell width. Bottom Bracket. 1.BB-MT500(Threaded).

Now the question is is bb-mt500
      BSA and I can use bafang or will I have problems and will need to order adapter ?
      Would love your guys help .
      And if You have any links to research more and what to buy.
      this is gona bey first conversation to e bike so please help and don't let me destroy this because Im newbee and have no knowledge .

Comment

Will the BBSxx fit in my bike? This is a question that many of us need help in answering. The question you should be asking first is "what kind of bottom bracket does my bike have"? You need to know the answer to this in order to understand how the BBS02 or BBSHD will fit in your bike and what...

This is a discussion on bottom bracket standards and Bafang motors. I'm not sure if you will find an answer there, but it helped me when I was planning my conversion.

Comment

It would help if I could remove bottom bracket yes well gona order a tools them we gona know .
          ​​​​​​Maybe this post can help someone in future .
          I did not find anything about my bottom bracket in this post (bb-mt500 called as well as bb52 threaded bottom bracket) so yea this is sole reason I made the post .

Comment

My guess is you have a press fit BB that has a 41mm diameter, and you will need an adapter. That's what I have on my Trek. I used an adapter from Empowered Cycles, but there are others available and you may need spacers. Send a message to the adapter sellers and see if they are familiar with your model.

1x 41mm outer diameter, 33.5mm inner diameter cup that presses into a frame to allow fitment of a standard Bafang motor.  

Finally! An adaptor to allow the Bafang BBSHD mid drive motor to fit into Shimano PF41 BB92 bottom bracket shells. This is a 2 piece adaptor machined from 6061 aluminum. Its 2 peices for a reason allowing it to fit in both smooth bore PF41 shells and the shells with flanged bore. We recommend using the 100mm width BBSH

Distributors and builders of high power electric bikes and trail bikes plus parts

Comment

Thanks will check that outh as soon as I open my bottom bracket.
              by the way guys can I use any other chain ring with bafang or it has to be special?
              Cuz they offer me 44T and noting under and my bike is 32 T haha

Comment

The chain ring that comes with the motor is a heavy piece of junk, but you will want to put it on to see how well your chain lines up with your cassette. You will need a Bafang specific chain ring, and you may need one with more offset to improve your chain line. It's hard to tell until your bike is assembled. Luna offers some good options depending on how much offset you need and your riding goals. Here's a link for chain ring offset comparisons:
                Because of the presence of the motor taking up space, the point where a chainring would mount onto the motor is pushed out to the right from where a chainring would normally be. Offset is defined as how much distance you are able to bring the sprocket closer towards the frame. This results in a better chainline, less likelihood

Comment

Bit Info got tools today bottom bracket is 33.6

Comment

I did it had no problems with bottom bracket so bbmt500 is good if anyone is interested .
                    and bbmt-500 is aperrently same as bb52
                    So if anyone with this bracket wants to convert you can !!
                    here is my finished product

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like White7777.

Comment

Working...
                    X