Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrorockit
    replied
    Let us know what rules you need/intend to follow where you are as far as speed and power. Some places enforcement is strict and penalties severe, other places it's non existent if you ride to blend in. A big cassette, big disc brake rotor and some panniers could easily hide a geared hub motor. If you have limits Grin Technology in Canada are the hubmotor experts.
    The most common bike in this forum has a 1500W BBSHD. So a lot of what you see here may not apply to your situation. But we'll be glad to help.
    Last edited by Retrorockit; 08-16-2023, 01:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• herrylauu
    replied
    You can upgrade various components of your Giant Revolt 3 to improve its performance, comfort, or appearance. Common upgrades include changing the drivetrain (shifters, derailleurs, cassette), brakes, wheels, tires, saddle, handlebars, and stem.
    stumble guys

Leave a comment:

• Retrorockit
    replied
    Endless Sphere has a huge forum on the TSDZ2. at 750W it's stretched pretty thin bu at 250W probably useful. The pedal shaft can break off under hard use though. I get flamed there for pointing out things like this.
    Hi, I was made aware of a new offering over at BMSBattery today: "SDZ2 Torque Sensor Central Motor". https://bmsbattery.com/home/803-sdz2-torque-sensor-central-motor.html Seems like a an attractive alternative to the Bafang BBS, $50 cheaper, with torque sensor, better installation guide etc...

Leave a comment:

• Pasley69
    replied
    Yep 250W legal limit 25km/h limit for power assistance, and no hand throttle either or speed limit drops to 20km/h. On my road bike I only ever use the lowest power setting anyway so the low power is not an issue. Main interest in posting was to see if anyone had problems converting a Giant Revolt, and Bafang vs TongSheng units.

Leave a comment:

• 73Eldo
    replied
    I assume you have a 250w legal limit is why you are looking at 250w systems? I didn't know the 1b was still available but maybe that is the only 250w Bafang mid drive? The 02 maybe only goes down to 500w? 250w isn't something I mess with very often so I don't know how far 13ah would get you.

Leave a comment:

• Pasley69
    started a topic Giant Revolt 3 (2017) conversion

Giant Revolt 3 (2017) conversion

Hi, I have a Giant Revolt 3 (2017) alloy-framed gravel bike that I use for gravel rides and loaded touring. I regularly do 80 to 100km rides often with at least 50% of gravel roads, often in hilly country.
    I am considering converting it and had originally considered a rear-hub conversion; but I am around 90kg, and with a couple of loaded panniers I figure that will be just too much concentrated on the rear wheel. So I now plan on a mid-drive unit. I regularly ride with a Focus Paralane² 9.7 road e-bike (250W motor, 250 Wh battery). I only use it on the lowest setting for steeper hills, head winds etc. and generally cover 80km with some battery power left most weekends. I figure the 250W motor limit will not be a problem - I'll just need extra battery power for the longer rides.
    Currently I am considering two options:
    1. TongSheng 36V 250W TSDZ2 with Torque Sensor Mid Drive Conversion Kit
    2. Bafang 36V 250W (BBS01B) Mid-Drive Conversion Kit
    I figure on a 13 Ah battery in either case.

This is my first foray into the field of bike conversion - so I am looking for any comments you might contribute on the choice or other options available.
    Thanks is advance,
    Adrian
    ‚Äč
Working...
X