Controller for 48 volt 1000 watt Aosom rear wheel kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controller for 48 volt 1000 watt Aosom rear wheel kit

How can I tell if the controller that came with my kit is capable of handling 52 volt battery ?

Check the specs on the controller manufacturer's website or in your instruction manual (if you received one). It should specify the max volts the controller can handle. Many 48V controllers state 60V as the maximum. A 52V battery will charge up to 58V while a 48V battery will charge to 54V. If you can't find the information readily, contact the manufacturer and ask them directly. If you can't find the information, then you might be safer to go with a 48V battery.

Comment

Looks like I'm going to have to go with 48 volt, my controller doesn't have a name on it let alone the maximum voltage it can handle. Guess I need to err on the side of caution and stick with a 48 volt pack. At least I have decided to go with Luna Cycle as the are here in the states and everyone here believes in them. Thanks so much for the input wklatt, I'll probably be leaning on you kinda heavy. now back to the Luna site to shop for a 48 volt 20ah battery pack.

Comment

Why are you looking for a 20ah pack? How far is your commute going to be?

Comment

Commute will be 20 miles one way and there are quite a few hills tossed in.

Comment

Well, that's a pretty long commute alright. A 20ah battery might be needed for that. Be sure to also buy the advanced charger with the battery purchase to save a few bucks. Good luck.

Comment

• Dale H
              Dale H commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks I'm having to do this a little at a time, gets a overwhelming.

Ok, upon further inspection of the dreaded controller, I did find on the little sticker that the max current is 26 +- 1A, speed set: 1-4.2 volt, Brake Input : Low-Level,model : 48v , Input voltage : DC 48 Volt , Min voltage : DC 40 + or minus 0.5 V. Can anyone help me to decipher this? Thanks again for all the help. Just out of curiosity I searched " 26 +- 1A and came up with Risunmotor as the brand. Hoping the end result will be that I can use a 52 volt battery without frying this fragile looking Chinese controller. Thanks again for all the help. Any thoughts on this @EricLuna?
            Last edited by Dale H; 09-10-2016, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X