Tektro darado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tektro darado

Can anyone here using the Tektro darado e brakes chime in and say how well they work and there reliability. I also can't seem to find any info wether they have adjustable reach??

Originally posted by Scott S View Post
    Can anyone here using the Tektro darado e brakes chime in and say how well they work and there reliability. I also can't seem to find any info wether they have adjustable reach??
    I have the Tektro Dorado HD-E710 hydraulic brakes with 203mm rotors (https://www.empoweredcycles.com/prod...ke-203mm-front) on all four of my bikes and they are the best brakes that I have ever used.

The default reach was okay for me.

You wouldn't want any more stopping power; as it is, the one time that I had to completely slam on the brakes, the bike stopped so fast that I flew over the handlebars (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQv-AW3tbUM).

They were easy to set up, and I have had zero problems since other than minor adjustments.
    Last edited by commuter ebikes; 02-19-2017, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Thanks so much. I am thinking 180 rotors on the front and if I can with the drado 160 on the rear. Still struggling with bike choice. I will be doing very little trail riding so am thinking the Motobecane elite trail x4 Ltd It has wtb tubeless compatible wheels and a 75mm travel font suspension fork. Wtb nano comp 700c x 40c tires. Cable discs but they are coming off lol. I really don't think i need a full 100mm travel fork and super wide MTB tires for the riding I will be doing. But open to suggestions
      my other choice would be Motobecane Fantom 29 x4
      Bigger 29x2.1 nano tires. No tubeless compatible wheels and Tektro Draco hydraulcs which I am very unsure of. They would probably come off also.
      Last edited by Scott S; 02-19-2017, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X