xtc 60 connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xtc 60 connectors

is it ok to use a xt60 connector for the battery to the bbbshd.or should i upgrade to a xt90? this is for the power from the battery to the drive unit.
    Thanks

Welll it is rated at 65amps continuous... the BBSHD is 30a maximum! No need for the XT-90 IMO

Comment

thanks thats what i was thinking

Comment

It will work, sure.

One reason I prefer the XT90 is that it's available with an anti-spark pre-charge resistor (XT90-S). I don't like damaging connectors when plugging in - with a regular connector there is a spark that burns the contact a little more every time, due to capacitors briefly pulling very high current. XT60 isn't available with anti-spark, as far as I've been able to find.

I used a regular connector for about two weeks and could already see the burning start to accumulate. Went back to XT90-S. This was with a 52V pack; lower voltages are less of an issue.
        Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

• Sebz
          Sebz commented
          Editing a comment
          Didn't know that the xt-60 didn't have anti-spark!! good thing I ordered Xt-90S for the battery!

I like the XT90 for this simply because its about the same price (both are cheap) and the XT90 is slightly larger, so my fingers can get a better hold of them on the rare occasion that I am taking them apart or putting them together...As you your question, nothing wrong with using the XT60 as the battery connector for 30A BBSHD, will work fine. But, as stated, the anti-spark is a very reassuring feature to have...

Comment

Working...
        X