Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to connect Luna Cycle Cyclops bike lights to bike battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to connect Luna Cycle Cyclops bike lights to bike battery?

I'm about to order Luna Cycle Cylops bike lights with a Bafang kit. How are they supposed to be connected to the bike battery? Is it possible to integrate them with Bafang display control?

Not with the stock controllers, no. Just wire to battery power with switch as required, and fuse if you want it as safe as possible.

This may help you: http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...ion/876-lights
    Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

You know, I've struggled with the idea of hard wiring a light set. My worry is that my (former) Portland Cruiser - as a commuter - might be unsuspecting fodder for a would-be eBike terrorist - ripping off the front and back lights. That makes me think that traditional, non-wired, battery charged might be the better way to go. I like the idea for a less commonly used eBike - say a PhatBike - but just wanted to throw that in, FWIW.

DrDave

Comment

Originally posted by DrDave View Post
        You know, I've struggled with the idea of hard wiring a light set. My worry is that my (former) Portland Cruiser - as a commuter - might be unsuspecting fodder for a would-be eBike terrorist - ripping off the front and back lights. That makes me think that traditional, non-wired, battery charged might be the better way to go. I like the idea for a less commonly used eBike - say a PhatBike - but just wanted to throw that in, FWIW.

DrDave
        I went with a rechargeable removable set. Small town with low crime, but plenty of useless turns vandalizing stuff. I keep them close at hand in my travel bag. If I get stuck riding in the dark I pop them on to the mounts left in place. IF I were a daily commuter in the dark hours I would take the risk. The wired lights are MUCH more powerful. The really nice rechargeable that throw equal amounts of light are very expensive IMO. Not in my budget, but again, I'm not a frequent user.

Comment

I still want to do wired lights. I just skimmed the thread JPLabs mentioned and will be reading them more carefully, but it will be really nice for both buyers and Luna to suggest a working wiring example or even providing connectors and whatever parts needed to install for Luna Bafang kits!

Comment

I just wired up two bikes with the cyclops light. Get the high powered one with the switch on the back. I used a Grin resettable fused Anderson adapter to direct wire the light to the battery. 20$ on Amazon. Changed the lenses on one. Still testing the beams. Looks like elliptical lenses for the bottom two LED's and a tight plain spot lens for the top should do it. JPLabs did a nice picture write up on this forum. I have been in tryout with the elliptical and a light fog lens. I'll order the spot lens tomorrow and let you know.

Comment

JPLabs has a forum?

Comment

• JPLabs
                JPLabs commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL, no. Just a post here about the light.

I don't have a Bafang kit yet, so I'm sort of dreaming. :) It looks like I'd better make a Y splitter with Anderson connectors and wires. Thanks!

Comment

I'm ignorant. I just read about connectors. Anderson seem to be an overkill. I'll be doing with pig-tailed xt90. I'm getting ready to order a whole Luna set!

Comment

Parrottp Where do you buy the lenses?

Comment

Originally posted by vivaldi View Post
                    Parrottp Where do you buy the lenses?
                    Here's the thread, source is provided: http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/main-forum/diy-discussion/2440-luna-15w-headlight-mod-new-optics-installed
                    Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

The wire from the head light will reach the tail light wire, solder it in there, then solder the tail light wire into the bike side of battery connection. works great, motor on or off. The lights handle any voltage and are internally fused. Nobody better not try to steal my lights! I live in the country, I just leave stuff laying all over the place, nobody around here. happy motoring.

Comment

Working...
                      X