Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    The BBS02 is not a heavy duty motor and you run risk of breaking it going uphill with a 500 pound load. I do not recommend BBS02 for your uses..

• BigJon
    commented on 's reply
    My intention is to only use it to get up inclines i cant push myself. Not really planning to use the throttle unless I am showing the build off to friends.

• BigJon
    commented on 's reply
    It is a tie rod for the steering. i am switching to traditional steering and removing the under seat. i ordered the anniversary kit from lunacycles. i will most likely buy a second battery pack and run it in parallel once i get a feel for my riding type and needs.

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...un-ez-3-usx-hd

Looks like you can rearrange the linkage so it's not a problem

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    I agree that's tricky.
    Might be able to manage a cyclone mini in there.

• Kocho
    replied
    For the battery capacity and range, search threads on the subject. At your weight there will be a penalty, especially if you got plenty of up hills. The range depends a lot on how much you pedal and how fast do you want to go. A 1kW battery (17.5Ah, 52V pack) at low levels of assistance, say 50W, will be good for a LOT of miles. I did 40 miles with friends on regular bikes this weekend on my ebike bike with BBSHD and that battery, using assistance PAS 1 for maybe 50% of the time, level 2 for maybe 35%% of the ride and no assistance for the rest of the ride. I was quite fresh at the end where my buddies were quite tired. Used perhaps only 30% of the battery capacity - could have easily done 100 miles or more this way (the bike, not my butt, which after 40 miles had had enough). I'm 200lb, 58lb bike.

​​​On the other hand, if using throttle or highest level of assistance, using 1000W+ of power most of the time, then you will probably be out of battery in 25 miles or so on the same battery.

Basically, if you are willing to pedal a bit and slow down when uphill instead of using more power, you will have a huge range. For me, at 260lb man and bike, I can very comfortably stay under 200W if I slow down and pedal lightly (and still be faster than most non-ebikers), and that on the 17.5Ah 52V packs gives a lot of miles, easily over 40 miles, even with occasional shot bursts of full power.

​​
    Last edited by Kocho; 09-12-2017, 01:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mtm408
    replied
    I'm not sure either of those will work with that bike. It looks like it has an additional support bar under the bottom bracket that might limit the use of a Bafang mid-drive. Better measure to be sure. If it works, the BBSHD would be the wiser option with as big a battery as you can afford.

Leave a comment:

• BigJon
    started a topic BBS02 OR BBSHD and what Battery pack?

BBS02 OR BBSHD and what Battery pack?

Okay so I am starting strong with a heavy duty bike. USX-HD By SUN.

I am Huge, 400LBS DUDE I can still jog and sprint a bit but I am about to build a long distance E-Bike, I am loosing weight and want to get up the hills and maintain speed when my limited endurance gives up.
    The question is what will get 500lbs of Man and steel 30+ miles on a charge. How would I calculate this in respects to a battery drive combo at my load. My bike has a Mega range gear on the rear cassette that will drop the stress on the motor and the bike has 20 inch wheels so im not building a speed demon, but I would like to hit 14-20MPH on the regular and get a safe 40 miles to a charge.
Working...
X