Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15" Motobecane Boris FS NX - 100 mm or 120 mm BBSHD? What size ring gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AZguy, I was out in Tucson for a few weeks this fall. I really wished I had my bike there! It looks like an amazing place to go fat-tire offroad biking!

Comment

• AZguy
      AZguy commented
      Editing a comment
      There's a lot of great riding out here for sure. I've got spot I go that's miles of fun in the cooler temperatures about half hour drive. If I'm willing to drive an hour or two there's pretty much endless really good riding all year.

These are simple pant leg protection - been using them for >50years and the mormon boys here all swear by them - when not using it just gets clipped onto the handlebars or belt loop:

Click image for larger version

Name:	pantClip.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	79851

Your driveline is pretty close to mine now. I'm running a sunrace 11-46t all steel cogs fed by a 130bcd 42t narrow-wide. I've run 39t and have been thinking about getting a 38t narrow-wide just cus they make them but I don't really need it as low as the 39t goes anyway. The 42t goes low enough with the 46t first gear for me and I climb very steep and loose terrain.

Click image for larger version

Name:	i-HxmH7WP-XL.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	349.9 KB
ID:	79850

Comment

That Gold master Link reminds me:

Don't buy cheap Chinese master links.
      I thought I was getting a good deal on some gold colored 11sp Joofn missing links but after two of them failed in rapid succession I decided to stick with the ridiculously overpriced brand name links (KMC, SHIMANO or SRAM)
      I"ll only keep them as a second backup spare.

I did get a good deal on a returned/new in box KMC X11e 126link chain though for 50% off

Comment

The chain is a mid-price shimano and the link is a KMC. I buy half dozen at a time and they aren't too expensive.... and.... don't tell anybody but I will reuse them for the life of the chain unless they show signs of wear. The gold was just what they had in half dozen quantity but it makes it easy to find and gives an easy spot to start/stop when lubing...

Comment

Hey Wozzy. How's the new brake setup holding up? Did you end up installing the rears?

Comment

Wow this is from a long time ago.
            I am still running the 203mm discs, but changed them to floating discs, because the first set of discs was very noisy, and began to rust.
            I've now got over 3000 miles on the bike and about 2500 miles on these brakes. I'm also using metalic pads, which stop very well.
            It's somewhat hilly where I do most of my riding, and me and the bike weigh 330 lbs, but I'm only getting aout 500 miles to a set of metalic B01S brake pads.

Comment

Working...
            X