Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tires

Has anyone tried the Continental Contact Plus City Reflex Urban Wire Bead Bicycle Tire
    Last edited by DDave; 07-12-2018, 08:41 PM.

I was planning to get those but I got a really good deal on a set of Continental Ride Tour tires. Very good and easy rolling. I don't think you can go wrong with any Continental tires.

Comment

I'm new to the e bike world. when I get the reflex city Ill post on how they roll. im trying to find the most grip and battery conserving tires. It seems like the softer the tire the less battery life and performance you get.

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
        Has anyone tried the Continental Contact Plus City Reflex Urban Wire Bead Bicycle Tire
        Those sound similar to the tires that came originally on my Priority Eight - in my application (high weight, BBSHD motor) they wore out very quickly. I've had much better overall results (wear, ride) with the Schwalbe Marathon tires.
        Last edited by ncmired; 07-13-2018, 09:45 AM.
        BBSHD / BBS02 IGH Builds: Nexus / Alfine 8: 1 2 3 4 5 6, Rohloff: 1

Comment

Tires are perfect for city ride, exactly what was described. Bad ass tire for tre money. Completely satisfied. Also after 7 charges too 100% and draining to 40.v-39.v. The wolf 52v 13.5amp battery woke up and runs hella better than first run. (had charger issues, Luna corrected). Had to zip tie battery down due to magnets are not my fave for 9-10lbs of solid battery weight.

Comment

I have been trying different tires. Luckily a good source of used tires close by.
            this is strictly a road bike/cargo. Large running boards have been a real improvement.
            Going with the bontrager 700 32 c Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	71825 as best for this bike. Any nobbies on tire reduces pavement contact in corners and causes wheel to slip on tight corners. Especially wirh a bump in the road. Tire pressure with taller sidewalls is extremely important. Too low,and wheel tracks lines in road. Even the paint lines for bicycle lane can cause loss of control.
            may drop to 26 inch tires for better choice of tires in this frame. The marathon plus 35s left me only 1mm of clearance to frame and outside edge knobbie meant loss of control in corners, although they are much better in occasional gravel roads. This bike is fast in corners until wrong tires were used.
            choose right tires for your use.
            Last edited by Gr8fun; 08-17-2018, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X