Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap Amazon 26A Controller w/ 52V EM3ev 30Q Cell batpack

Hey friends,
    I'm taking on a rear hub motor ebike build as my first ev project. I'm mechanically inclined and have some experience working with cars but I am trying to learn how to make super-efficient transportation to offset (or maybe someday replace! electric drag racing is the future!) my gearhead hobby. Despite this I've never really worked on a bike before and have essentially no experience with electronics beyond building a desktop computer a number of years ago.
    I ordered a AW 1000W hub motor conversion kit from amazon. I ordered a 52V 30Q battery pack from EM3ev capable of 60A max burst current hoping to be able to use it for a small electric commuter motorcycle if this works out. The amazon conversion kit came with a controller rated for 48V with low voltage protection: DC40+-0.5V The controllers "rated current" is 13A and the "max current" is 26+-1A
    My question is whether it is safe (primarily for the battery) to use this controller/battery setup.
    Also I've been curious what kind of power connector these blue plastic pins on the red and black may be. And how I may be able to connect them to a XT90-s battery plug. Could I just solder or clamp on a male XT90 connector matching the red and black wires to match it up?
    Thanks so much for any input, I appreciate y'all!

I’m thinking those red and black wires to your controller are bullet connectors like my generic 36v DDRH kit came with. I think you could replace those with an xt90 plug. I’ve done some of my wiring with crimping tools and also tried soldering on some. I’m thinking that I like tinning then crimping as a good way to go. Soldering connectors often melts some of the plastic covers but a tinned wire seems to hold in a crimp better.

Comment

Solder or crimp an XT90S directly to the red and black wire. If it were me I'd use marine grade adhesive step down butt connectors. Crimping vs. soldering is a bit like Ford vs. Chevy at a monster truck rally. Fans scream passionately for one or the other. Myself, I crimp. I've worked with those KT controllers quite a bit... not that 26a one, but 20's and 35's. The KT-LCD3 display gives you quite a bit of control over their output and is basically matched to it (I am assuming all KT controllers are compatible with their displays). The color KT-LCD8H is the fancier version of the same display.

Comment

Working...
      X