Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideal chainring size for the cyclone 3k?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideal chainring size for the cyclone 3k?

Motor: cyclone 3000w mid drive

The bike I have is a mountainbike with a 11-speed, 11-46t with a single 30T in the front.

What chainring do I pick? The stock is 44/44T.

Is it possible to use the 44T with this setup with a bigger chain or should I get the triple chain ring with 44/44/32T and only use the 32T?

The chainring options they have: 44/44T, 44/44/32T, 48/44/32T, 48/48/24T, 48/48/32T.1

What would be ideal?

Stock is a safe bet if you don't know what to pick. The triple rings are also good if you want more options.

Comment

• Cyclone3k
      Cyclone3k commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the reply. How long chain do I need to buy, approximately? With 46T largest in the cassette and 44 in the front.

• Cyclone3k
      Cyclone3k commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the reply. How long chain do I need to buy, approximately? With 46T largest in the cassette and 44 in the front.

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      For the chain that goes to the rear it depends on the frame. Foe the single speed chain going from the motor to the chainring you need about three feet

Yeah, the chainstay lenght is 440mm / 17.32 inches.

Does this narrow it down?

It's better to order longer than to have too little, but I don't understand how much chain I need with the bigger chainring in front than stock.

I really appreciate the help, thank you.

Comment

You probably already have a bike chain on the bike right? When you get the motor mounted, wrap that chain around and see how much you come up short. That should tell you all you need to know, then just buy what you need at that time. I understand the allure of wanting to get everything you need in one purchase but that is often rare when it comes to DIY conversions. Far easier to just install to whatever extent you can until you need some other part, then buy it at that time. Plus something like a chain, you can probably just get from your local bike shop down the street so not much point in ordering it ahead of time

Comment

Working...
      X