Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Take slack out of red and black battery wires on the stock Luna harness?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take slack out of red and black battery wires on the stock Luna harness?

I have my BBSHD kit installed and running but I have a bunch of extra red and black battery cable in the stock Luna harness that I have to wind around the seat tube before heading up to the battery on my downtube. I would like a cleaner-looking install. I'm thinking I could cut out a several inches out of the middle of these two battery wires and then put in butt connections and heat shrink to take out the slack.
    Are there any pitfalls I should be aware of before attempting this?

Sure, that'll work. Make sure you crimp solidly, and ideally seal it up with something before heat shrink, so it can't get wet and corrode.
    Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

I would highly suggest buying a cheap soldering iron from harbor freight and solder the wires instead of just using butt connectors. Higher voltage, current, temperature, and stress offered versus butt connectors. Just watch a few YouTube videos on soldering. I have made custom cables for pretty much everything on mine and I don't worry about a bad crimp or low quality conductor melting.

Comment

Working...
      X