Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spinningmagnets
    replied
    I'm sure it is a well designed product, but...for that kind of a price I could have several sets of regular chains and sprockets swapped-in by my LBS without getting my hands dirty.

Leave a comment:

• CraigAustin
    commented on 's reply
    3-4 gears is about average for me as well. I am learning to go a bit easier on them, but I don't baby my gears or any other component. Less worry, more riding.

Oddly I am still struggling with the chain ring. The stock ring had a decent line but the chain came off at the slightest twitch. Switched to this http://lunacycle.com/parts/bafang-pa...-42t-sprocket/ which helped but not nearly enough. The chain line is so bad it gives me the giggles.

• pcliteuser
    replied
    on this groupset im only after the gears coz the i way i ride my bike i don't do 1 click shift usually 3-4 click shifting :) the motor is so powerful i don't even feel if it shifts a click up or down anymore unlike riding and shifiting on a normal mtb

Leave a comment:

• CraigAustin
    replied
    Originally posted by JPLabs View Post

Unnecessary? Sure, of course it is. Just like my other wide ratio cassette. What's that have to do with it? I like the even wider range and larger ratio steps it offers. The configuration is better, I think.

Unnecessary does not negate better.
    Fair enough. If price is no object then knock yourself out.

Leave a comment:

• Ade
    replied
    I think it's damn cool but way, way too expensive. It's like they thought, "hey, this is for ebikes, right? Rich people buy them, right? Well, let's squeeze them for some more then."

Hopefully there will be some cheap knockoffs in the future (assuming they work as advertised).

Leave a comment:

• JPLabs
    replied
    Originally posted by CraigAustin View Post
    I'm intrigued as well but it seems unnecessary. My stock parts are still intact after 700+ miles of constantly shifting under stress. I'll let you know if that changes, but my entire bike cost less than that SRAM.
    Unnecessary? Sure, of course it is. Just like my other wide ratio cassette. What's that have to do with it? I like the even wider range and larger ratio steps it offers. The configuration is better, I think.

Unnecessary does not negate better.

Leave a comment:

• CraigAustin
    commented on 's reply
    Less worry, more riding - words to live by!

• Louis
    replied
    Originally posted by CraigAustin View Post
    I'm intrigued as well but it seems unnecessary. My stock parts are still intact after 700+ miles of constantly shifting under stress. I'll let you know if that changes, but my entire bike cost less than that SRAM.
    So many issues that customers seem to come up with are the result of cherry picking posts or articles. Making problems seem monumental while for many of us they just don't exist. Like the great plastic gear failure. Practically non existent and yet I probably read a hundred emails informing me of it being a weak point in the BBS02. Yeah ride like a Karl, beat the living crap out of your drive and pay little attention to the heat...melted gear. But ride daily and commute, using the given gear system as it was designed, with a light tap on the brakes before shifting, and even a BBS01 can last several years. NOW the big noise is tearing up the chain and derailleur. Yet those of us commuting and shopping and bike path riding daily have yet to manage that feat either. Less worry, more riding!
    eBike Blog, electricbike, and ES are meant as guides, not bibles, torahs, or korans. Go for a ride, break something and learn how to fix it. It's good for the spirit.

Leave a comment:

• CraigAustin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JPLabs
    replied
    Designed for shifting under power! I'm intrigued, for sure.

Expensive. Almost $600 for just the cassette, derailleur, and shifter. But if durability is there, and it really shifts well with power, it's still about 1/3 the price of a Rohloff setup. And a lot lighter.

Can this install onto the same hubs as SRAM X10 cassettes?

Leave a comment:

• pcliteuser
    started a topic Electric Bike Specific Groupset

Electric Bike Specific Groupset

Does any of you guys heard or tried the new SRAM EX1 Groupset? though it says that its for bosch & yamaha only but i think it'l work with bbshd as well :D
Working...
X