Bottom Bracket Wrenches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom Bracket Wrenches

What wrench sizes do I need to tighten the two bottom bracket nuts on the 750W Barfang motor?

Luna has the tools you need:

Wrench versions sold elsewhere:

Comment

I use these, A Hozan 210 and a Bikehand Shimano bottom bracket tool. Two best after a Bafang set.
      9 builds and no dropped motors. Blue loctite too!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 11.54.16 PM.png
Views:	4
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	1130

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 11.55.52 PM.png
Views:	3
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	1131

Comment

This is a critical tool for us in the Luna Lab to get feisty bottom brackets off.This along with the bafang tool kits is a must have for getting any bb off in quick time.

Name:	Luna Cycles-1-12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	853.1 KB
ID:	1219

Comment

• DrDave
          DrDave commented
          Editing a comment
          The other option is, of course, and acetylene torch...lol

• spinningmagnets
          spinningmagnets commented
          Editing a comment
          acetylene is good for cutting steel, and can perform a wide variety of functions, but...if you want to save some money, and you only need to occasionally heat something up, an air/propane torch is cheap and easy.

Luna has a new "custom" tool for this purpose:

http://lunacycle.com/parts/bafang-pa...allation-tool/

I purchased one of these tools during the July 4th Sale. It is still for sale for the same price 2 weeks later.

I have submitted 2 separate reviews of this tool, and neither of them ever showed up. I didn't say anything bad about the tool, but I did note that the photo on the "For Sale" page is misleading. It looks like you are going to get a wrench with the cool "LUNA" name machined into the handle. What you actually get is a plain steel "No Name" tool, with kinda sharp edges that could use some smoothing off. I think it should be made clear in the ad exactly what you are buying, so customers will not be disappointed. I am sure it will work fine for the intended purpose.

I'm a newbie, so I don't expect anyone to pay any attention to this post. I just think it is interesting that my slightly critical review of the tool never got published. No big deal.

Comment

I think the crew is busy shipping and supporting sales and the posting of reviews, I'm guessing, isn't a priority until customers are taken care of. Try sending a note to support and ask for an clarification. Perhaps those guys polishing need to kick it up a notch. Management won't know if we don't tell them. Posting I the forum is the slowest way to get anything done. Kinda like hanging laundry in the rain to dry.

Comment

Thank you, Louis, for your reply. I don't want to hassle anybody over this trivial matter. If my review finally gets posted - great. If not, no big deal. I'm going back to lurking, and learning from all the experienced builders on this Forum.

Comment

• Rodney64
              Rodney64 commented
              Editing a comment
              I flagged your post so im hoping one of the other mods who works for Luna has raised the concern

I STILL think the Bafang sockets on a 18" 1/2 drive breaker bar are the whizz. Never a dropped motor.

Comment

Also heard of putting the driver in a vise and rotating the bike frame.

Comment

I use the spanner wrench that came with my bikehand tool kit. Works perfect, I have installed kits on two of my own bikes, and 4 for other people.

Comment

Working...
                X