Crank-up stand for 60+ pound (28+ kg) bikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crank-up stand for 60+ pound (28+ kg) bikes

As requested, Here's pictures and commentary on the build of my bike stand.

Rationale: as I am handicapped in multiple senses - clumsiness being but one portion - I need all the help I can get!

Here's a picture of the bike, prior to its conversion.
    Attached Files

Note that I have a background in machining, and have gone to school for it, albeit many years ago. There are a lot of machined parts in this build.

1) I first secured the base; and with help, trimmed it to size - 24 × 48, inch measurements. The finish is but on shellac, which is easy to apply, easy to repair, and resistant to dirt and grease.

The picture shows some of the tools used.
    Attached Files

Comment

Bought one of these, to hold the bike:
      my reasoning being that I wished to have easily-changed padded for the frame.Click image for larger version  Name:	Park_tools_bike_clamp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.0 KB ID:	126186

Comment

I have also got a similar stand. Did you already install it dennis_young?! It took me a while until I actually understood how to install it, moreover, taking into consideration that I am really clumsy, just like the author, I could not install it properly. My dad was laughing so hard on me, and you know what... I have actually broken the first stand :D. I had to buy another one. I still remember back when I bough the first stand, I had to look for some calculators and unit converters online, as I had no idea how much is 60 pounds in kg, the shop assistant was laughing the same way as my dad did :D.
        Last edited by josephung; 04-19-2021, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X