No announcement yet.

What's the best Bike Repair / Work Stand for heavy E-Bikes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the Park PRS-7 clamp style, put it on a few 2x4's.

Comment

The Electric park stand is pretty awesome...but pricey.... i think about 2k but its an absolute back saver.....

Comment

This is something you might want to take a look at
        A motorcycle lift table it has a wheel vice and you can do like anything on them
        You can get foot pump / electric ones mine is a air operated.
        It services as a work table build table welding table assembly table it does it all
        Harbor freight has them very reasonable.
        I picked mine up years ago for my shop for $500.00
        used ones are out there.
        Just a thought.
        Last edited by Green Werks; 12-14-2016, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I installed this winch lift post in my garage a few years ago so I wouldn't have to bend over to work on things like my snow blower. Last year I made this seat post clamp to clamp in my bench vise. Yesterday I realized I could plug it into my winch post and Voila! Zero lifting required!

Comment

• calfee20
            calfee20 commented
            Editing a comment
            Brilliant!!!

I have a Park Tool PRS-33. It lifts my 95 pound ebike easily.

Comment

Originally posted by NOBLNG View Post
            I installed this winch lift post in my garage a few years ago so I wouldn't have to bend over to work on things like my snow blower. Last year I made this seat post clamp to clamp in my bench vise. Yesterday I realized I could plug it into my winch post and Voila! Zero lifting required!
            I've been considering what kind of lift I want and your Great post and photo's just solved it AND now I know what I can do with that old boat winch I have.
            My Rides: DRZ400e setup for ADV, I love it, An old Hardtail MTB with a BBSHD

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_10855.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	713.8 KB
ID:	56000
              Originally posted by Felix D'Kat View Post

I've been considering what kind of lift I want and your Great post and photo's just solved it AND now I know what I can do with that old boat winch I have.
              Glad you like it! It is extremely versatile. With the work table attached it will easily lift my snow-blower using my 18v cordless drill. I'm not too sure how a boat winch works in reverse, but that is why I used a worm gear winch, it will hold it's position when you stop cranking up or down. I also added clamp bolts that I can tighten to take all the "wiggle" out when I have the height set.
              Last edited by NOBLNG; 01-18-2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I was wondering about the wiggle, I was trying to figure out how to get a tight fit on the sliding section and not have it bind at the same time, unfortunately I can't get worm drive winches here, there imported from the US and the freight is a killer, I'm only lifting my 40lb ebike so I think a 3:1 boat winch will do for now

Comment

Name:	100_4033.JPG
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	56040 I did have to add a roller on the front and back to keep it from binding with my snow-blower on there. Not sure if that would be needed for just a bike?

Comment

Thanks, that's exactly the shot I needed

Cheers

Comment

I loved that post lift, too. I'm tight on floor space. I need to figure out how to make a temporary one. Bike-duty ok, need not lift more. Maybe sink a steel tube in the floor, and make it plug in....I don't want to have to bolt it, need quick set up. Ideas?

For now: I already have a chainfall (chain pulley lift for engines etc) hanging from the ceiling, and I rig the bike with 3 old fan belts to lift it. Two matching ones over the grips, one over the seatpost, around the seat. Thread the two through the one, then lift from that loop. Adjust lengths for balance. Works, but not stable. A simple rope sling would be ok, but I have lots of belts around.
                      Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

Originally posted by JPLabs View Post
                        I loved that post lift, too. I'm tight on floor space. I need to figure out how to make a temporary one. Bike-duty ok, need not lift more. Maybe sink a steel tube in the floor, and make it plug in....I don't want to have to bolt it, need quick set up. Ideas?

For now: I already have a chainfall (chain pulley lift for engines etc) hanging from the ceiling, and I rig the bike with 3 old fan belts to lift it. Two matching ones over the grips, one over the seatpost, around the seat. Thread the two through the one, then lift from that loop. Adjust lengths for balance. Works, but not stable. A simple rope sling would be ok, but I have lots of belts around.
                        I use a couple of straps like this with a d-ring to hook to my winch. You can adjust the straps individually to control the angle of the bike. http://www.amazon.com/Highland-92106...ie+down+straps

Comment

Originally posted by JPLabs View Post
                          I need to figure out how to make a temporary one. Bike-duty ok, need not lift more. Maybe sink a steel tube in the floor, and make it plug in....I don't want to have to bolt it, need quick set up. Ideas?
                          This one can be removed. I used 3/8" drop in anchors in the floor and I can undo the pinch bolts and lift the post up and out of the bottom socket to remove it. Mine is 3x3x3/16 tube, but for a bike 1.5x1.5x1/8 should be plenty heavy. Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4006.JPG
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	56107

Name:	100_4009.JPG
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	56108Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4022.JPG
Size:	628.3 KB
ID:	56109

Comment

Thanks for those pics!.

I guess I should be more clear - I chose sloppy wording. By removed, I meant enough to not obstruct floor with a protrusion when removed. Think daily use, daily removal. So it's not in the way for sweeping, driving stuff in/out, and layout of projects, etc. And not so difficult to install that I never get it out for service. It's going to be in a walking/work zone, trip hazard too. This would be an a zone with flat floor and want to have that flat space stay flat. Packed 20' square shop, diminishing floor space.

Still, your pics gave me ideas. I think I could make one with only a strong top connection, which hangs down from my I beam, but only touches floor for stability, perhaps with a pin into a hole.

Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

How about this? Weld a nut inside the tube and use a piece of threaded rod welded to a foot-pad. As you back the rod out it jams the post between the floor and ceiling, similar to the teleposts in a basement. You could weld a nut to the rod and pad and use a wrench instead of the handle. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2583.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.04 MB ID:	56141

Comment

• JPLabs
                                JPLabs commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Oh, yes! Ha, those posts are pretty cheap, too. Great suggestion! I may just get a telepost and build on that. Probably cheaper than the steel tubing...

Thanks
                            Working...
                            X