Repair stands...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repair stands...

My current work stand is bike inversion - and my back is complaining about it. I'm wondering what folks are using and like, aside from the usual suspects (Park, etc).

Cheers!

DrD

I found a park toll $190 stand for $150 that was old inventory in a LBS. knowing what I know today, I would pay the $190 again. Unfortunately you still have to lift the bike into the stand. Otherwise a good investment. I bought a$700 stand for my Vespa. When I retired it I got 70% investment back. The park stand from eBay sales should easily recover the same percentage. The off brand cheapies, not so much. Buy right sell high and the rental comes out pretty cheap.

Comment

i too like my park (pcs 10), hold my 100lbs dh/hill climber no problem

here is an old es thread, my favorite is the converted weight machine on page 2

Comment

I have a midrange stand from REI that hold my 5 2lbs bike fine. It is collapsible so I can hide it away. I'm amazed given my bike weighs a little less than double now.
        I like the weight machine conversion idea, could be refined by mounting to wall and using a cable winch to raise/lower it. I have a high ceiling in my garage, I could probably extend it to raise a bike to high storage height as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Madman Ebikes View Post
          i too like my park (pcs 10), hold my 100lbs dh/hill climber no problem

here is an old es thread, my favorite is the converted weight machine on page 2
          Same here!

Comment

I know you said aside from Park etc but mine is a Park I got used, it's just right and holds a luna frame fine, probably the best bike tool I have, try the used market lots of people sell stuff

Comment

Yep, I'm looking at the PCS 10, but maybe the PRS 25.

Comment

If I had it to do again, I might have moved up from the PCS10. Only because raising a fully equipped ebike sucks for an old gimp. My goal for July.

Comment

That's a nice one Louis. The PRS 25 is supposed to be lighter and better built (no plastic parts)...but I do like that one too.

DrD

Comment

I've had PCS 10 for a few weeks and its been great

Comment

Lately I just hang my seat from the rafters, for rear wheel or drivetrain work. Or hang the handlebars for front end work. I looked at stands but don't have much extra storage room, and with a triangle bag I don't have easy access to clamp on the frame. A strap to the ceiling works pretty well for me. I lock the brake for whichever wheel is on the ground to make it more stable.
                      Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

I bought a Yakima RidgeBack4 for our cross country move back to the east coast...and it occurred to me that this too would make a good make shift work station!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 8.31.04 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	4597

Comment

Working...
                        X