Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the correct tool for removing the Cyclone freewheel from the Chainring? [SOLVED]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the correct tool for removing the Cyclone freewheel from the Chainring? [SOLVED]

I was starting to take some pictures for a HowTo on installing and aligning the chain on a Cyclone 3000 build when I realized that I didn't have a tool for removing freewheel from the chainring assembly. Does anyone have any suggestions.

to answer my own question. I think it is a https://www.biketiresdirect.com/prod...ewheel-remover I am going to look around locally to see If I can find one to verify.

Comment

Good thread

This is the freewheel that I think you are talking about. Trying to remove the crank arm from the freewheel. Does anyone have any suggestions that do not involve an expensive tool?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170204_182558.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	27224

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170204_182605.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	551.0 KB
ID:	27225

Comment

Yep. We used the same tool to remove the single speed freewheels on some BMX bikes in the 80's. If I recall, removing these freewheels was about a much fun as removing a bottom bracket. The proper tool + a three foot long wrench was a must :)

Can confirm it is a park ft-5
        Last edited by funwithbikes; 02-11-2017, 04:08 AM.

Comment

• Rodney64
          Rodney64 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes i can imagine.
      Working...
      X