No announcement yet.

Tools for bottom bracket?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me be clear, I will never use a spanner wrench on a Bafang install again. This tool, combined with a 12-15" crescent wrench can tighten the lock ring extremely well.
    Most of my stress related to Bafang installs would have been eliminated if I had this tool months ago. Spacing the motor/chainring for optimum chain line will vary from one build to another. But a well tightened motor is critical to every ebike build. I think this, or the Bafang socket is a "must-have" for any build. I chose the BPT-1 because it was $35 instead of $65 for the Bafang set from Lunacycle. And I already owned the Park tools wrench for the outer lock ring.

Comment

Do you have any way of finding out if this BPT-1 tool will fit the BBSHD also? Since the BB's of bicycles are the same whether you install the BBS02 or the HD, I suspect the tool would work, but I am intrigued to hear more.

Comment

Yes, I used it on an HD. works very well.
        I can easily get the inner lock ring a half turn tighter than I ever could with my decent fitting one tooth spanner wrench. The tool is very precision fit, flawless engagement at the 4 notches.
        Last edited by HD Rockhopper; 05-21-2016, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Any idea when the BBS lock ring will be available in the Luna store? There seems to be no option to choose it there even if its picture is shown. I kind of chewed up mine when tightening it and as I'm planning on adjusting the left/right spacing when my Lekkie arrives I thought I'd buy the Luna tools and new lock ring and do it properly next time.
          Providers of quality electric bike batteries, motors and components at affordable pricing.

Comment

Working...
          X