Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foldable E-Bike is Right Option for Me?

Hi Everyone!

I am here after a long. Actually, it is the first time when I am going to purchase foldable e-bike in my life and yes, also in this current pandemic. I heard that foldable e-bikes are heavier as compared to the other e-bikes so do you think I should get them for camping etc. purpose? Do you think it would be efficient to use these e-bikes on the hill roads? Actually, I am about to go with this e-bike ( https://lemeego.com/product/lemeego-x/ ) of Lemeego, but it is becoming tough for me to proceed with my decision due to these fears.

Do you think foldable e-bikes are worthless due to these cons or you have some points that support them? I would like to hear your views about foldable e-bikes. I also found several articles at yes cycling and other places very helpful to analyze the pros and cons of foldable bikes. Secondly, what is your opinion about the price comparison of both foldable and conventional e-bikes. Please share your unbiased opinions on the basis of your experience and knowledge.

Waiting for your responses.

I think there's some real junk folders and some really nice ones

Clearly there will be compromises

There's a guy that put a BBSHD on a Montague that's having excellent luck with and carries it in his airplane - not cheap but you generally have to pay for what you get

Comment

As AZguy noted, there's CPG's Montague build here that would make a much better bike for camping, particularly with heavy loads and hilly terrain - but it'll cost more.

There's also folding bikes from established e-bike manufactures like the RAD Mini 4 or one of these. Regarding Lemeego, I've never dealt with them but I'm skeptical about them for the following reasons:
      1. did you map their address? Granted every company has to start somewhere, but this one really smells like a fly-by-night
      2. I'm doubting the specs for the battery (too physically small), and am leery about custom proprietary in-frame batteries (finding a replacement down the road)
      3. I'm doubting the motor specs
      Last edited by ncmired; 1 week ago.
      BBSHD/BBS02B builds: IGH 1 2 3 4 5 6

Comment

How about Luna's folder. Should be a great little bike. https://lunacycle.com/luna-folding-ebike/

Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVj_...ature=emb_logo

Comment

Originally posted by ncmired View Post
          As AZguy noted, there's CPG's Montague build here that would make a much better bike for camping, particularly with heavy loads and hilly terrain - but it'll cost more.

There's also folding bikes from established e-bike manufactures like the RAD Mini 4 or one of these. Regarding Lemeego, I've never dealt with them but I'm skeptical about them for the following reasons:
          1. did you map their address? Granted every company has to start somewhere, but this one really smells like a fly-by-night
          2. I'm doubting the specs for the battery (too physically small), and am leery about custom proprietary in-frame batteries (finding a replacement down the road)
          3. I'm doubting the motor specs

Thank you so much. Actually, I was about to see any good option from Rad Power Bikes and yes, RadMini 4 is a reasonable option. I am also watching the referred video to get better idea. All sources are really helpful.

Comment

Working...
          X