X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by David Doub View Post
      DarkStang- How's the Kollter Banshee doing?
      You have the most (and perhaps the only) in-depth review of this bike thus far,

Cheers,
      David
      And perhaps the only review so far.!!!!

Comment

I purchased one based off of this review. It was delivered Sunday, 7/18. I'm working on compiling some thoughts and opinions but you're right, this thing is awesome.

Comment

• DarkStang
          DarkStang commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm glad you're enjoying it too. I went on another ride last week and I'm still loving it so far.

Originally posted by Fglo11 View Post
        I purchased one based off of this review. It was delivered Sunday, 7/18. I'm working on compiling some thoughts and opinions but you're right, this thing is awesome.
        Just yesterday I called Natti cycle in New Jersey. The Banshee storm is in stock. Made in China. (Just like my 2020 Surron Light bee,X)
        I told them I live in Western Pa. (Pittsburgh) I was supposed to call them today to see if they will deliver it to my house fully assembled. (about 300 miles)
        I was just in the process of reading the reviews & specs again when I seen Fglo 11 posting here.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman View Post

Just yesterday I called Natti cycle in New Jersey. The Banshee storm is in stock. Made in China. (Just like my 2020 Surron Light bee,X)
          I told them I live in Western Pa. (Pittsburgh) I was supposed to call them today to see if they will deliver it to my house fully assembled. (about 300 miles)
          I was just in the process of reading the reviews & specs again when I seen Fglo 11 posting here.

Mine came fully assembled and mostly plastic wrapped, shipped private via USHIP. 500 miles, no issue. Shipped after a week, but Greg communicated with me that that was longer than it should've been, as they were waiting on a shipment of chargers. Arrived 2 days later.

Comment

Originally posted by Fglo11 View Post

Mine came fully assembled and mostly plastic wrapped, shipped private via USHIP. 500 miles, no issue.
            Have you taken it for a ride yet,??
            Clutch. When you put it in any gear will it stall if you don`t apply throttle.?
            Going up a big hill climb say in 2nd gear. Will it stall out if you don`t downshift to 1st gear.?

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman View Post

Have you taken it for a ride yet,??
              Clutch. When you put it in any gear will it stall if you don`t apply throttle.?
              Going up a big hill climb say in 2nd gear. Will it stall out if you don`t downshift to 1st gear.?

I've gotten a few good rides in around our property (≈8 acres) I haven't don't any torture test style runs yet, just trail riding and some mud. But it's a blast. I know it's a cliché, but I giggled the first time I got on a straight and got to give it some real throttle. I'm not sure if it's really capable of stalling out. Multiple times I've done hard starts from second because I forget to downshift. Being electric, there are times I would've definitely stalled an ICE bike that this thing saved me. Plenty of power left at the bottom end in second.

Comment

Honestly I leave this thing in 2nd almost all the time. I tend to drop to first if I'm going down a steep hill and want more regen braking. Taking off in first is borderline dangerous unless the battery is below 50%.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkStang View Post
                  Honestly I leave this thing in 2nd almost all the time. I tend to drop to first if I'm going down a steep hill and want more regen braking. Taking off in first is borderline dangerous unless the battery is below 50%.
                  I just picked one of these up a week ago and haven't really taken it for a ride yet. You mentioned an eco mode - do you just mean that red switch on the right handlebar, or is there another button somewhere?
                  also, have you found what brake and clutch levers would work as replacements? Thanks, looking forward to riding it this weekend hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansheegrrl View Post

I just picked one of these up a week ago and haven't really taken it for a ride yet. You mentioned an eco mode - do you just mean that red switch on the right handlebar, or is there another button somewhere?
                    also, have you found what brake and clutch levers would work as replacements? Thanks, looking forward to riding it this weekend hopefully.
                    Correct. If you flip that switch it will limit the power quite a bit. I'm guessing 1-2kw max. It's very useful for loading and unloading the bike.

Haven't looked up those but they probably have part numbers on them. It looks like a lot of parts are Husqvarna clones.

Comment

I just picked one of these up a week ago and haven't really taken it for a ride yet.
                      looking forward to riding it this weekend hopefully.
                      Pittsburgh PA. Standing on my roof I can see I-79, the parkway west. and the US Steel tower about 6 miles as the crow flies

About 2 weeks ago I contacted Natti-Cycle.
                      I was hoping I could find a 2nd serious buyer/rider with a truck or trailer to travel to NJ to check this thing out.
                      I have the SRX-light bee and like it a lot, but I think I would like the Banshee-Storm much better.
                      Stand by for a pm.

Last edited by dirtman; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

August 3rd 2021. I just picked one of these up a week ago and haven't really taken it for a ride yet.
                        Thanks, looking forward to riding it this weekend hopefully.
                        September 22nd 2021.
                        How do you like your new electric dirt bike.??

Comment

DarkStang, Fglo11, Bansheegrrl-- Any updates on your experience with the Kollter Banshee? Likes, dislikes, quality in general?

DarkStang, I know the welds and transmission gears were a bit concerning to you initially. Any additional info there?

I'm still shopping E-bikes and this one is still quite interesting to me.

Thanks in advance!
                          David

Comment

Originally posted by David Doub View Post
                            DarkStang, Fglo11, Bansheegrrl-- Any updates on your experience with the Kollter Banshee? Likes, dislikes, quality in general?
                            Following this topic closely.. Have not heard from any of them since August 2021.
                            All 3 bought the Banshee Storm from Natti-Cycle located in New Jersey USA.
                            Posted by X-nitro from the Surron Light bee forum. Here is another seller from E-Bay
                            https://www.ebay.com/itm/26534100490...75.c101224.m-1

This dealer/shop is from central Pennsylvania USA. Contacted him today (About 6 hours ago)
                            Since then the price has gone up another $500.00. This morning the E-Bay site priced it at $5900.00.
                            They don`t have the bikes in stock at this time. Expecting 4 bikes in November 2021. Next shipment is Feb. 2022
                            I hope they remember that they quoted me the $5900.00 price on 13 October 2021 4:55 pm.

Comment

14 October 2021.. updated price...
                              https://www.ebay.com/itm/26534100490...75.c101224.m-1

THE BIKES ARE NOW $6499. THE PRICE LISTED IS FOR A DEPOSIT ONLY, WITH THE BALANCE DUE DIRECTLY TO US WHEN THE BIKES ARRIVE. AGAIN, THESE 4 BIKES WILL NOT BE IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP UNTIL LATE DECEMBER, COVID HAS MADE IMPORTING NUTS. ONCE THESE 4 ARE SPOKEN FOR WE WILL CONTINUE TAKING ORDERS FOR THE NEXT SHIPMENT DUE IN FEBRUARY 2022.

Comment

Working...
                              X