Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DarkStang
    replied
    Went for a good ride today. About 2 hours of real seat time over a 2.5 hour session, which was enough to wear me out thanks to all the mud out there today. I updated the first post but the two big things I want to point out:
    1. 100kg isn't a lot until you have to pick it up, which I got to do twice thanks to MO's finest clay soup and some leaves hiding a root.
    2. God damn, this thing has torque. Any time I was turning less than 5,000 rpm and snapped the throttle, that front end came right up. Feels great.

The welds just seem like they haven't been cleaned up if you can't see them. I guess I get it, grinding inside of the chassis is probably a PITA. They seem more than strong enough though.

Regarding spare parts, from what I can see most of the controls are standard stuff. The brakes appear to be a KTM or Husqvarna equivalent part. Front fork, rear shock, handlebars, pegs, hand controls, foot controls, chain and sprockets all look like normal stuff. I'm unsure about the clutch but maybe Greg will chime in. I've never actually burned a clutch in an off-road bike. As little as you need to use this one I assume I'll never need to replace it.

Leave a comment:

• Kauaiguy
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the info,I could not find that model of fork on the Fastace site either.Some of those welds look pretty sloppy.Any spares available like clutch plates ,etc.
    Last edited by Kauaiguy; 03-27-2021, 08:33 AM.

• DarkStang
    replied
    I added some photos to the google album showing close ups of the suspension and brake model numbers.
    Front fork: Fastace AKX28RC - Can't actually find this on the fastace.com website
    Rear shock: Fastace BDA07AR with a 300lb spring (http://www.fastace.com/pro.php?m=d&pid=81)
    Front brake caliper: zhy2093 - Appears to be a generic 2 piston caliper, probably easy to replace if you wanted something beefier: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32968951232.html
    Rear Brake caliper: zhy1093 - Appears to be a generic 1 piston caliper, probably also easy to replace: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32955873929.html

I also added a couple photos of the chassis welds. Note: I am not a weld expert by any means. Most of them look great, some of the more hidden ones look kinda gross. I think they look strong enough to hold but I'm guessing cleaning them up from inside is kind of a PITA so they don't bother because they're hidden.

I have not pulled the battery out yet, but in technical terms I describe it as "she's a big boi".

Leave a comment:

• Kauaiguy
    commented on 's reply
    Let us know what suspension it has,makeup of battery,any other details you can describe.Please

• DarkStang
    replied
    I bought one and I can't wait to take this thing out on Saturday. Updated first post with some notes and a link to a photo album.

Leave a comment:

• Kauaiguy
    commented on 's reply
    How about a video with the storm racing a 450 on a motocross track with Pro riders?

• greg2222
    replied
    nati cycle - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• Kauaiguy
    replied
    200 is not that heavy,the Storm bee was around 260,will be looking forward to a review!What suspension does it have,is it Mtb forks and shocks?Also looks like it has a wet clutch and oil pump.Very curious about this bike.
    Last edited by Kauaiguy; 03-12-2021, 05:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• greg2222
    replied
    I'm sorry - "so far it is most powerful bike we ride"

Leave a comment:

• greg2222
    replied
    We will be making video review very soon , so fat this is most powerful electric bike we rode

Leave a comment:

• greg2222
    replied
    About 200
    check Instagram - Kollter USA Electric Bikes (@naticycle) • Instagram photos and videos

Leave a comment:

• Kauaiguy
    commented on 's reply
    How heavy is it,it looks heavy.

• greg2222
    replied
    Banshee Storm is not a SurRon Storm , It is extremely powerful and comes with 4 speed manual transmission with clutch. I rode one today and it's more power them CAKE INK . Acceleration is crazy , wheelie on any speed and gear!! Heavy bike with big tires. More powerful then 450CC

Leave a comment:

• DarkStang
    replied
    I don't think so, unless Surron dramatically changed things up on theStorm Bee.
    https://electrek.co/2019/09/22/first...ic-motorcycle/

I think it looks great but I don't know if the frame is going to be durable. I've only seen stuff like that on KTM adventure bikes.

Leave a comment:

• Kauaiguy
    replied
    Looks pretty good but no real information on it or reviews.It’s probably the Surron’s big brother( same name Storm),says it’s instock.
    Last edited by Kauaiguy; 03-10-2021, 11:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X