Rumble Motors e-Bike Review on specs from early supporter and buyer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumble Motors e-Bike Review on specs from early supporter and buyer

Background: Rumble motors e-bike inspired by classic cafe racer design mixed modern and classic elements in one package.

You can read detailed info about Rumble kick-start from here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/r...engine-sound#/

My long story short: I was one of the early support, put my order in late February and after a long draw out shipping delay, got my bike in the mid of August with additional $1000 custom clearance fees add to the $250 original shipping cost. But I'm sure most of kick-start participant have similar stories like mine.

The bike is arrived in mostly good shape. the manufacturer did fairly good job at packing it to endure the long voyage of sea freight and long distance land shipping. The un-boxing and assembly wasn't too bad. I spent about 3 hours by myself.

Here are some of the spec that you don't see from Rumble bike's website or anywhere else until you open up the panel yourself to find out.

the battery is a Chinese brand li-on batter in black color.

the rate voltage is 61.2v, the rated amp is 28.6Ah, and therefore the capacity is 1750.32 Wh. The limited charging voltage is 71.4v.

The motor controller is also Chinese brand, Lingbo, part number LBMC060122HK2AEU-M23. rated voltage is 60V, peak current 140A (by my research online of this company).

The hub wound motor is QS Motor 60V2000W rated 60V, max no-load RPM is 650 rpm, max torque is 110 N.M, max speed 60 km/h, magnet height is 35mm (ressearched online).

My top speed experience: I used my own app to monitor the speed. I can only reach 34 mph with 100% charge. I also noticed that the voltage indicator shows the voltage is consistent show between 65 v - 68 v between 40% - 90% charge. I read that it's very common that the speedometer from Chinese manufacturer is 10% above real speed.

The range: Rumble motor claim 60 mil range. but I really doubt that claim. normally manufacturer can claim a long range based on a very low speed used. from my experience, I can see it can get around 20 - 30 miles range depends on a lot of different factors such as slop, wind and whatnot.

the charging time is around 4- 6 hours with the charger that came along with the bike from the Chinese manufacturer.

The overall handling is very adequate, and the suspension is good. the initial torque output is ample and adequate at low end of speed. Once you reach top speed or close to top speed, the torque feel weak.

Also, the bike came with speedd limited to 45 km/h. you have to remove or bypass the speed limiter using a 3 pin connector.
    Last edited by qiguyu; 1 week ago.

Originally posted by qiguyu View Post
    My long story short: I was one of the early support, put my order in late February and after a long draw out shipping delay, got my bike in the mid of August with additional $1000 custom clearance fees add to the $250 original shipping cost. But I'm sure most of kick-start participant have similar stories like mine.
    WTH? You got hit with $1000 on top of $3000 + $250 shipping? That's crazy.

Comment

yeah. it's so frustrating that after you wait so long, and then pay all that additional charges, and the actual product doesn't meet your expectation based on the spec that your purchase is based on.

It's a pity that I really like the style of the bike compare with other electric bike or scooter available online. but the battery is 60v not 72v. and the top speed is 34 mph not 44 mph. the charging time also is much longer (6-8 hrs) instead of they claimed one hour for the first 80%.

Before I made the decision to purchase, I asked them where the bike is assembled. their representative told me that it's assembled here in U.S. and parts from Sweden. However, it turned out that's not true. they all manufactured in China hence the long shipping delays of electric bike with li-ion battery packs. I wish they were more honest with their product and more responsive to their customer for the after-sale services.

Comment

Working...
      X