Sondors sine wave control upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sondors sine wave control upgrade

I have a 36 amp battery with stock motor on my sondors fat bike. Installed display and was pumping a little over 400 watts. Installed the sine wave control upgrade and I'm only getting about 550 watts. It's suggested that I should be getting close to 700 watts. Thoughts on what could be wrong?

i can say from first hand experience that from a dead stop with hard acceleration i experienced the same as you and less under normal riding conditions. however, the controller i tested did achieve the max output but i was also climbing a fairly steep hill from a dead stop.

also fyi, the controller is only going to put out whatever is needed to reach and sustain the speed based on the throttles input. some things that will affect this is: battery charge and more importantly condition, also terrain, overall weight, tire pressure, and weather conditions. most of these are good things and could explain why you have not reached its maximum output.

Comment

Madman, that makes perfect sense. I'll be headed into some deep sand tomorrow and see what kind of watts I achieve. Thanks for your input, appreciated.

Comment

Followup; unfortunately still not getting anything more than 590 watts out of bike regardless of terrain and conditions. Took my wife's bike, which is a different make than my sondors and immediately achieved 700 watts. ( 36v battery/upgraded sine wave controller). Any input/thoughts would be appreciated.

Comment

Gee,

I'm not a Sondor owner or user, but I noticed that there is also an upgrade dashboard that deletes the 20 mph speed limit on those units, which may be limiting the wattage output too.

So, maybe, somewhat figuratively speaking, throwing some more money at the problem may help a bit. I mean, they're only $55.

Otherwise, maybe you're already outgrowing the output of the Sondor hub motor at 36v, and will undoubtedly consider a different fat bike hub motor or a mid drive soon. Of course, that would call for a 48 or 52v battery, too. But, hey, those Sondor units have that factory frame box that would make major upgrades a natural.

Comment

Yes, I have an lcd that I've programmed to max out above the factory governor so it's not that... I'd agree maybe it's a motor thing but Luna claims I should get 700 watts with this setup so I'm just looking to see if there is something I can tweak to get to that output or not. Really appreciate your input though, thanks.

Comment

I am busy so have to be brief. Try her battery on yours and your battery and new controller on her bike.

Comment

Yeah,

Maybe the battery has to be in top condition to achieve the 700 watts.

Comment

The battery can certainly affect the max wattage. I know that on my DD hub when the batt is freshly charged it will pull about 1000 watts and that steadily goes down as the batt discharges to about 300 watts at it's lowest.

Comment

MODERATORS: Suggest moving this to the Forum > Commercial EBikes > Sonders

Comment

Working...
                    X