Sondors Fender Installation Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sondors Fender Installation Guide

These fenders were modified by the Luna Cycle team to fit the sondors bike. We used custom jigs and hand bent each stabilizer rod to make your installation easier. We have not tried to mount these to the Sondors with suspension forks and arent sure how you can mount them that way. But these forks are easily modifiable to mount with any fat bike...even one with suspension forks but it might take some fiddling.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sondors fenders-30.jpg
Views:	1007
Size:	915.9 KB
ID:	1236

Sondors Fat Bike Front and Rear Fender Installation Instructions
    You will need the following tools to complete this installation:
    • Philips Screwdriver
    • Allen Key Set
    • Crescent Wrench
    Parts:
    The front fender is smaller than the Rear fender.

Here is a pic of the front fender and parts:

Name:	sondors fenders-43.jpg
Views:	868
Size:	897.8 KB
ID:	1234

Here is a pic of the rear fender and parts: Click image for larger version

Name:	sondors fenders-33.jpg
Views:	777
Size:	789.6 KB
ID:	1235

Front Fender Installation:

Here

1. Slide Front fender over front tire so that the "L" bracket is in front of the mounting hole at the top of the fork and let it rest on the tire. The fender was hand flexed like you see in the photo... If additional clearance is needed flex fender so that the contour matches the under side of the fork (See picture). Click image for larger version

Name:	Luna Cycles-1-2.jpg
Views:	826
Size:	678.4 KB
ID:	1237

2. Remove both screws from the nut plate assembly and separate the top and back plate. While holding the back plate under the fender, align the holes of the top plate over the holes of the fender and loosely replace one of the screws removed earlier. (below picture)

3. Insert the stabilizing rod under the curved portion of the top plate so that the bend in the rod is centered between the 2 screw holes in the top plate.
    Replace second screw and tighten firmly (See below Photo). Click image for larger version

Name:	sondors fenders-46.jpg
Views:	775
Size:	678.0 KB
ID:	1293

4. Hold the left tie rod end over the mounting hole in the front fork by the brake caliper and insert the Allen screw through tie rod end and tighten firmly in the mounting hole.

5. Repeat on the right side of the fork.

6. Raise the fender so that the "L" bracket is aligned over the hole in the top center of the fork. (see below photo) Installing fender

7. Insert medium Allen bolt through bracket and fork.

8. Replace nut and tighten with crescent or other adjustable wrench (See photo above).

Rear Fender Installation:
    Repeat steps 1 through 8 above. But use the following pics help you find the right holes to use for mounting. the first step in the rear fender install is to mount the L bracket to the rear fender.

Below is a picture that shows you where on the rear fender the L Braket should be mounted......there are 3 sets of 2 holes in the rear fender...the L Bracket mounts on the middle set of holes. Click image for larger version

Name:	sondors fenders-1-13.jpg
Views:	797
Size:	421.3 KB
ID:	1383

The next picture illustrates which set of 2 holes to use to mount the stabilizing rod using the top plate. (same as in the front fender mounting instructions above) Click image for larger version

Name:	sondors fenders-1-12.jpg
Views:	790
Size:	398.4 KB
ID:	1384

Hope this install guide helps you to get your Sondors riding with your new set of awesome fenders.

Name:	sondors fenders-1-11.jpg
Views:	1208
Size:	729.2 KB
ID:	1385

Attached Files

I have been after some fenders for my Fat bike .

Are these universal and when will you have more in stock at Luna

Comment

Thanks Eric - that certainly helps and I will try again shortly and post my progress back here. I was curious if these have been tested with the front suspension fork upgrade as it definitely does not seem to have the same clearance as you show in the photo.

Comment

Originally posted by SulshyBoi View Post
        I have been after some fenders for my Fat bike .

Are these universal and when will you have more in stock at Luna

Yes they are univeral although we have fit these for the Sondors...we will have both universal and sondors fenders in stock within a few weeks.

Comment

my sondors has standard front forks and the front went on smooth using the wire supports with the plastic adjustment on the end, but the rear is a different story. on my Raleigh beach cruiser it has fenders and they attach to the bike frame at the sprocket/kickstand area. trying to do the same with these I cant seem to get the fender far enough down to attach there? And the support wires are too short if the fender is mounted futher up?

Comment

HI Spaddy,

I think you might be using the wrong sets of holes to mount the rear fender.

I just attached 2 photos at the end of the install guide which shows you where the L Bracket should mount on the rear fender...and then where the stabilizer rod should mount.

I hope this gets them going for you.... and i am hoping our install guide is finally making sense. I have been wrestling with learning this interface to post pics etc....

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Luna View Post
              HI Spaddy,

I think you might be using the wrong sets of holes to mount the rear fender.

I just attached 2 photos at the end of the install guide which shows you where the L Bracket should mount on the rear fender...and then where the stabilizer rod should mount.

I hope this gets them going for you.... and i am hoping our install guide is finally making sense. I have been wrestling with learning this interface to post pics etc....
              ok thanks Eric, going to give it another try today. the final pix is a big help I think we got it now. thanks for the assistance and quick responses
              Last edited by spaddy; 02-25-2016, 08:40 PM.

Comment

I just installed the Luna fenders on my bike with suspension. You'll need to get spacers, approx. 1/2" to 3/4" (don't forget longer bolts to accommodate) to keep the fender mounts from interfering with your front disc brakes. Also, you'll probably pick up some annoying vibration sounds due to metal to metal contact from fender to fork. I just used a couple of very small pieces of folded up gorilla tape (black) and inserted where the metal made contact, so far works pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                X