X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sondors "Thin" finally shipping to customers

Here's the link

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/vi...hp?f=3&t=81082

Wow, even a quasi-Gates belt drive option.

Comment

Yeah, I am curious to find the supplier for the belt system. It is clearly not the authentic Gates belt, but...it might cost less and it also might be "adequate" for a lot of potential buyers of other bikes.

Comment

Looks like CycleDrive 8mm pitch belts/cogs .. I've purchased cogs from them years past.. used to be Delta drive/ C-Drive .. nice thing is the use of easily available industry standard 8mm pitch belts in many different lengths to dial in your build.. 8mm pitch was the standard for years .. then Gates introduced 11mm pitch belts/cogs .. clearly 11mm pitch will take more abuse and skip less without the addition of a belt snubber .. but for low power operation, 8mm pitch works great.. I have it on my Moulton TSR-5 (Sram Spectro IGH 5 speed ) .. this hub although out of production, is superb and direct drive in 3rd ..

With a Sondors 350w kit, on the street, I would expect that the belt /cogs will hold up fine because of the use of a rear hub.. mid-drive would be trickier, but a sensible low power application and proper programming of a BBSxx would net a nice ride .. I would say the sweet spot for a mid-drive would be sub-500 watts ..

Comment

Yeah,

It seem to be a poly-plastic material, which is a good thing for cost of production and consumer prices, and a cogged rubber belt will do just as well on it as on a machined or cast aluminum one, costing considerably more.

Originally posted by spinningmagnets View Post
          Yeah, I am curious to find the supplier for the belt system. It is clearly not the authentic Gates belt, but...it might cost less and it also might be "adequate" for a lot of potential buyers of other bikes.
          Last edited by Christian Livingstone; 06-30-2016, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X