New Light Bee Rear Wheel Rolling Resistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Light Bee Rear Wheel Rolling Resistance

Hi! Just got mine yesterday and wondering if its normal for there to bee so much rolling resistance in the rear wheel/drive line. The chain tension seems fine, and it probably is fine, but i dont have any experience with electric. With the bike on a stand about how much pressure should it take to spin the wheel by hand? Is it normal for it to stop almost immediately when throttle is cut?

Thanks for whatever!

It has some resistance,the oring chain is stiff until broke in and its a two stage reduction so you will feel it.The chain should have a little slack.

Comment

necro bump. Trying to squeeze out more ride time. Has anyone found ways to reduce the resistance? Worth upgrading to better bearings in the jack shaft?

Comment

Go with a non oring chain,has a lot less friction than oring

Comment

Following; I do a ton of coasting on long rides and want to see if anything else can be done here. Just FYI I have found that coasting instead of regen is the way to go, I only use regen for braking.

Comment

Since the motor is turning (no freewheel) it's always going to present a fair amount of resistance - nowhere near as much as regen but it's always going to have a fair bit

Comment

Working...
            X