Battery problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery problem?

My bike just stopped running in the trails and had to push it out. My battery showed 65% but I noticed some kind of symbol above the first power cell indicator(see photo). What does that symbol indicate? Crazy thing is after I pushed it out, the bike ran for 100 yards then stopped working. I have disconnected all the kill sensors except the fall sensor. Has anyone had this problem?

I just removed the crash sensor. I cut the wires on the sensor side about two inches from connector. I then put tube shrink warp on wire and reconnected the connector. This should give it a waterproof seal. I did the same procedure for the brake and kick stand sensors. This should solve any sensor issues. That symbol above the first power indicator cell is just the Surron logo.
    Last edited by Trail Blazer; 04-18-2020, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Travis420
      Travis420 commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe that symbol is always there..

The throttle control circuit won’t allow the bike to rearm if it doesn’t see 0 when you turn the key on.Sometimes if the adjustment at the throttle is to tight it will not restart.Had that issue once.

Comment

I checked the throttle control circuit, it looks good. Thanks Kauaiguy.

Comment

Originally posted by Trail Blazer View Post
        My bike just stopped running in the trails
        but I noticed some kind of symbol above the first power cell indicator(see photo).
        What does that symbol indicate?
        What does this symbol indicate.? . I see no one has answered that question yet. We would all like to know what to look for.
        About 150 miles so far on my SRX. This happened to me at least 5 times. Bike just would respond to throttle.
        4 of the problems were the left rear brake handle must of got stuck..
        1 of the problems was the right front handle got stuck after I tried to make an emergency stop.

Time to read up about symbols and how to disconnect all the safety function we don't need..
        Never forget.
        . If you don't have time to read or learn the proper instructions then, when will you ever find the time to send it back to Luna or the repair shop.

I

Comment

Hi Trail Blazer! I have a problem like yours. My driving on a large dirt track is always full trottle or full break. After about 10 minutes the power cuts off instantly. Little bit dangerous before jumps and so on. Then i have to wait over 10 minutes for it to start again. I have dismounted all safety circuts, break, crach, and stand. The only thing i can think off is some kind off overheat protect i battery. Do any one knows or have had this problem? /Nicklas!

Comment

• Kauaiguy
            Kauaiguy commented
            Editing a comment
            When this happens have you tried turning off the circuit breaker,it’s supposed to reset some trouble codes

• Dozen
            Dozen commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, turned citcuit breaker and pulled cabels off contact. Nothing...! Also when i put cabels back and switch circuit and key on the window on battery is black. But the speedometer on handle shines up??? Then when i turn trottle the bike jumps for a split second and dies....

The Bms has the battery temp sensors ,if you connect the dongle that came with the bike in between the small battery connector it should give you a blinking trouble code.

Comment

I have the cross modell so i dident get any dongel. Only thesmall display beside the left handle. Good to know that there is a battery temp sensor!

Comment

Battery problem,water damage.B12 doesn’t charge up,the rest do.I would try and fix but there’s to much corrosion.Must be why the newer batteries have a vent.
              Steve

Comment

My bike died going down a steep hill.,turned the key off and on and it started working fine, has not done it again..

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Sur-Ron View Post
                  My bike died going down a steep hill.,turned the key off and on and it started working fine, has not done it again..
                  This always happens to me, but luckily on the pavement heading down into town and not on the trail. I now turn the bike off, coast down till I get to the bottom and then turn it on. At that point, all is good. I've actually stopped counting and trying to figure it out. Figured it was an old battery starting to dig it's own grave. Bike and battery are 4 years old, 2nd X-Controller and is only 6 months old and all sensors are out.

At first I thought it was the tilt sensor, nope, pulled that out and still happens.

Could the Re-gen be topping off the battery and causing it to shut off. Sounds dumb but that's where I'm at. Also I've changed out the brakes (Magura) and no sensors so does it still have Re-gen? Idk. The wiring harness doesn't support the diagnostic plug-n-play cables.

The only thing that is consistent is that the battery is fully charged when I begin the descent.

Anyone else have this problem?

Texas Sur-Ron, do me a favor and fully charge your battery and go down the same hill. Does it happen again?

Comment

That is a known problem,the Bms cuts off the power because otherwise it would overcharge the cells beyond 4.2 per cell group.Should be ok if your below 100% before you head down hill.

Comment

Shootz

Comment

Kauaiguy I think your right,, I have the brake shut off removed on both brakes...full regen is on and riding about 100 yards down a 35% paved grade...battery fully charged...and it shut off. need to turn regen off i guess...

Comment

Regen is off when on eco.

Comment

Working...
                          X