21 inch front tire upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21 inch front tire upgrade

I bought my Surron light bee new in December 2019. It came with the stock black Killah forks.
    Will this tire from Wicked Wheels Werks work on my bike.
    ⚡️SUR-RON/SEGWAY/MOTOPED⚡️EXCEL TAKASAGO 21X1.6/E•STRONG/DUNLOP K990 70/100-21. $529 dollars

I wanted a complete wheel set but WWW is out of stock at this time.

A message from WWW

Don’t think a 21” fits killah fork. Won’t fit on the white colored killah fork. I’m moving my shop to a bigger building next few weeks and I’m not trying to get a new order’s during this. Also I’m backed up over a month for wheels right now. Supply chain from China is awful and has taken over 4 months to get rear hubs from SR.

You should wait till I get my website up and have my WICKEDWHEELWERKS MADE IN USA REAR SUR-RON/SEGWAY HUB. Not going to be at the mercy of China any more! Already have my own line of custom rear sprockets made in Tennessee. 34T-68T your choice.

Can see a little of what I do in my Ebay store. Here is the link.

Last edited by dirtman; 06-06-2020, 01:29 PM. Reason: checked my e-mail

Hi, I randomly came across your post as I was looking for the same thing. Based on what I've read, I think he's right. Have you heard anything from WWW since posting this? I've emailed Josh a couple times looking to buy the same thing and have gotten no response.

Just curious if you ended up getting a different fork since posting this? Fedex is delivering both my bike and my BAC8000 kit and 72v next week. I've been looking for a fork upgrade that will allow a WWW 21" front wheel without any luck either. Sur Ron went back to DNM, which is universally considered to be inferior to what was included on prior bikes. I also haven't been able to locate any alternatives that will definitively support a 21" wheel up front, which is beyond disappointing. There's literally one potential option out there, priced 2-3x's what it's worth - but I'm not 100% if sure it will fit yet.

Unless there's something else that I haven't found, running a 21" wheel will not be an option. for anyone anymore. I may end up abandoning my Sur Ron MTX dreams and just run it on pavement 100% of the time as a SM bike now.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderGatti View Post
      Hi, I randomly came across your post as I was looking for the same things.
      . Have you heard anything from WWW since posting this? I've emailed Josh a couple times looking to buy the same thing and have gotten no response.

Fedex is delivering both my bike and my BAC8000 kit and 72v next week.
      Have I heard anything from Josh. NO!! Not Yet.

4 weeks ago (WWW`s) last E-mail to me.

A message from WWW
      I’m moving my shop to a bigger building in the next few weeks and I’m not trying to get a new order’s during this. Also I’m backed up over a month for wheels right now. Supply chain from China is awful and has taken over 4 months to get rear hubs from SR.
      --You should wait till I get my website up and have my WICKEDWHEELWERKS MADE IN USA REAR SUR-RON/SEGWAY HUB. Not going to be at the mercy of China any more! Already have my own line of custom rear sprockets made in Tennessee. 34T-68T your choice.
      ---Can see a little of what I do in my Ebay store. Here is the link.

I checked (WWW) E-bay site 2 days ago. . Remarks.. 1 positive result posted on 29 June 2020. ???

Sounds positive, I E-mailed WWW again, to see if he is ready to take my order. Nothing back yet.

Meanwhile its been 5 weeks since i contacted Luna-Cycle. for my Front tire`s 2 broken spokes
      Today Luna messaged me that they sent them out on June 11. and sent me the Shipping info. (parts In Transit)

Comment

• ThunderGatti
        ThunderGatti commented
        Editing a comment
        Rumor has it he's taking care of prior customers here and there. Tried him a couple times last week and no response. Screw this guy. Once you figure out parts, just take them to a local shop to build.

dirtman I'm also trying to figure out fitments with the black rst killah forks and if the white version is any different in sizing vs. the black. My bike is arriving in a few weeks.

Is there anything written on the fork that says if it's a 26" or 27.5" version?

Comment

Hey guys. I'm looking for the mythic 21" Sur ron rim too. From what I understand this guy has some spoke nipples that go from the Excel MX and reduce to MTB spokes so they fit on a MTB hub. I think that's what we are really looking for because we can source everything else. S0 has anyone heard of these little gems?

Comment

I think the newer Surron come with 27.5 the older ones( mine had 26 from 2019 Dec) are 26.If you go 27.5 you will have room for a 21 inch tire but it will have a lot of rake,not so ideal in tight trails but ok for the road.

Comment

Well its now 21 August 2020 AD. I first started to contact WWW back in early June . See Post #1 above.

ThunderGatti commented
            3 weeks ago
            Rumor has it he's taking care of prior customers here and there. Tried him a couple times last week and no response. Screw this guy. Once you figure out parts, just take them to a local shop to build.

Thunder Gatti---If and when you figure where we can get the parts. Please post the info for all to see.

Yesterday I checked WWW e-bay`s site. Sounds like he is back and got some good reviews recently.
            I am willing to wait (As he E-mailed me he was moving his shop plus having problems getting Surron parts)

About the end of May 2020 I noticed a broken front spoke. 2 days later I heard a 2nd broken spoke.
            AT this time no response from WWW, So I contacted Luna Cycle.
            Luna-C said they would send me two spokes. (2 front Spokes) via of the US Mail (USPS)

I waited for over 1.5 months. I called Luna they claimed they sent it out and gave me the USPS shipping number.
            I checked the US Mail shipping number. It arrived in Pa and sent back to CA.

I called Luna-C. and explained the shipping problem. They said they would ship out 2 more spokes
            Within 2 days I received my 2 spokes from Luna -Cycle. (USPS Priority mail.)

Seems like a lot of people are having trouble with the US Mail. (????)
            I E-mail the USPS in CA. They have the correct address and will send the 2 spokes back to me..
            I still have not received them. But if I do I will have 4 front spokes.

Last edited by dirtman; 08-21-2020, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Still working on mine trying to find 12g spokes with nipples to fit the rim hole.

Comment

• Two_wheel_fun
                Two_wheel_fun commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe check with Buchanan Spokes & Rims. They just built me a complete 21" wheel on an Excel rim using upgraded gauge spokes. Drilled out factory hub to fit. But maybe they have 12ga also.
            Working...
            X