Sprocket size top speeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sprocket size top speeds

Hi, Does anyone know what the Sur Ron X top speeds are with the various sprockets available? Also is there a chart that shows the increase in power for each sprocket size?

Luna shows the top speed for both the 58 tooth and 54 tooth sprockets to be 38mph. One of those decriptions must be wrong.............

Comment

My X does 35mph with a 60t sprocket gps verified. I was only getting 42mph with the stock 48t gps verified.

Comment

47mph 42T Supermoto
        37mph 60T Dirt wheel

Comment

Good info. There seems to be some variability. I saw one reviewer said he got 39mph with the 64 tooth....with gps.

Comment

I'm 240lbs and I hit 38mph GPS with a 58 Tooth rear Sprocket. I use the Iphone speed tracker app.

Comment

Installed 244 shinko ,,taller tire , and a 55 sprocket lost only 2mph...

Comment

With the stock 48T sprocket I can consisitently get to 49mph according to the Sur Ron display. According to my gps it is actually 45mph.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Sur-Ron View Post
                  Installed 244 shinko ,,taller tire , and a 55 sprocket lost only 2mph...
                  Are you me? I just installed those tires front and rear. Plan on maybe using the larger sprocket as well. Bike has been out of commission for a week now, I think I am slowly dying.

Comment

Kind of wish I went with a knobby up front ...tends to was out...will try a sit tooth probably be a good fit for my weight...electric has a diff torque curve than Im used to....I would consider a chain primary drive ...the 219 from luna seems like the way to go...

Comment

• SurRonTX
                      SurRonTX commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Damn... I guess worst case I can run my stock tire up front for the time being. Just needed something a little more durable for the rear, it's showing a lot of wear for only a couple hundred miles. How do they perform on the pavement? I do tend to spend more time on the pavement than anything, but I need the ability to also hit some dirt.

I just installed the 58 tooth sprocket. The SR display still shows my top spped as 49mph, but my gps shows my actual maximum top speed is now 37.4 mph. That's quite a hit, I was getting 44-45 actual mph with the stock 48 tooth.

Comment

I now have the 64 Tooth and I hit 34.5 MPH on GPS. Plenty fast enough for my needs with gobs of Torque. The 58 tooth might have been the sweet spot for me though.

Comment

Does anyone know what sprocket comes on the Sur-ron when order it with pedals?

Comment

• X-Nitro
                          X-Nitro commented
                          Editing a comment
                          42 teeth is what they were using.
                      Working...
                      X