Can you switch from EP mode to sport mode with out stopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you switch from EP mode to sport mode with out stopping

Just got a Sur Ron X, way cooler than expected. When switching from EP Mode to Sport mode I have been stopping first, is this needed ? Can I switch while under power?

Thanks for any info

I've had no problems switching while still moving/throttle applied. I wish you could adjust the power settings for these modes to make EP a bit more powerful to help save battery vs in sport mode.

Comment

according to tennis, No it won't. It will consume a little more gas, but will make no difference to your engine and likely allow less wear to occur in your transmission. sport mode typically works by delaying the shift points to higher rpms.

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol is this a bot account. Surron does not have a transmission, does not shift, and does not use gas. I am not even going to get started on whatever 'according to tennis' is supposed to mean

You can switch under power. Just be aware that the power will instantly change so hold on.

Comment

Yes you can. Try to keep the throttle cracked slightly to avoid either regen braking (if enabled) or taking off at high speed when switching to Sport mode. Vice versa for switching back.

Comment

I've gotten really used to switching on the fly, in a variety of terrain going back and forth with eco/sport is a hoot

Comment

Working...
          X