Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wingnut
    replied
    I should maybe mentioned that I’m from a cyclist background. My local mechanic advised me against running tubeless o. A rim that wasn’t designated as tubeless. I regularly hit 30mph plus on my tarmac and had just always thought about what a tire failure at that speed would be like. Now that I know I’ll be moving even faster I’m even more concerned about a failure, but you guys have me thinking about it. I was sold on tubeless when I was told no more flats, but after riding them for a year plus, I’ve grown to appreciate the ride and lower rolling resistance.

anyhow this is what I have come across this morning...

Leave a comment:

• Kauaiguy
    replied
    My friends have done the tubliss on there Surrons,you buy the 19 x1.6 version,then you shave down the sides of the tube block to fit the narrower 1.4 rim.I just went with the Talon 1.4 rim lock with Geomax 33 tires and run air pressure down to 3 to 4 psi.I don’t think there is much advantage,my tire never slips on the rim.Keep in mind that either way you will need to drill a hole in the rim.

Leave a comment:

• Wingnut
    replied
    Seemed like a boner move in design, maybe the rims are too expensive to fit in at the price point? Idk, but surely was disappointed to receive that response.

Leave a comment:

• Wingnut
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 73Eldo
    replied
    The internet is full of specs for 100's of different sizes and brands of tubeless bicycle tires. Are you wondering if yours are? Or if your rims are?

Or looking for recommendations? If so what kind of bike, what kind of riding do you do? And is cost a concern?

Leave a comment:

• stevoarrowood@gmail.com
    replied
    I'm using the 19" Tubliss system on my rear at 10-12 psi. 3 months ,no problems, no more tire spinning. ABOVE 40 mph I can feel the rimlock throwing the whell out of balance but not much of a problem on 4x4 and singletrack trails. I run my front at 18psi and no pinch flats yet even tho I kinda crash thru rocks at will.

Leave a comment:

• Suck-It-Corona
    started a topic Tubeless

Tubeless

Any body have any specs for tubeless tires?
Working...
X