Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PoM
    replied
    Thank you for the reply Frank. That’s a wise decision to keep it. Seats haven’t been available for months.

Duct tape and zip ties they are like American Express...never leave home without them.

Leave a comment:

• EVroost
    replied
    Originally posted by PoM View Post
    Dang that sucks Frank. Hopefully it didn’t ruin your riding plans.

I’d be very interested in purchasing it if that’s an option. They’ve been OOS for awhile and I really want one to modify.
    Jason
    I was able to find almost all of the bits of missing foam -- apparently it didn't actually swallow them -- and so with a roll of duct tape I reconstructed the seat. As the tape started to slide around, as duct tape does, my butt started to stick to the seat, but I still had many enjoyable rides in the remaining 2 weeks of my trip.

I think I'll hang on to the pan for now as seats are hard to come by and I may try to sew a new cover out of some more durable (and perhaps less delectable) vinyl-coated fabric.

--Frank

Leave a comment:

• 73Eldo
    replied
    I can just see it now under the premium options on the Luna store... light +$249, DVO fork +$995, Yucky flavored upholstery +$149.

Leave a comment:

• Sur-Russ
    replied
    Looks like he/she got your rear fender as well.

Leave a comment:

• PoM
    replied
    Dang that sucks Frank. Hopefully it didn’t ruin your riding plans.

I’d be very interested in purchasing it if that’s an option. They’ve been OOS for awhile and I really want one to modify.
    Jason

Leave a comment:

• 73Eldo
    replied
    I just had to click on this to see what the deal was. First thought was some poorly translated spam but then started thinking maybe not, maybe a bear really at his seat and sure enough......

I know some European cars something in the wiring insulation is especially tasty to many North American critters so people that import those cars have to be especially careful.

Leave a comment:

• EVroost
    started a topic Seat Tasty to Bears

Seat Tasty to Bears

I left the bike outside overnight in the Manti La Sal range in Utah near the summit of La Sal Pass road and found this in the morning. It also took a few bites at the hand grips. I'm fairly certain it was a bear as there were unmistakable bear paw prints on the outside of the van in which I was sleeping a few feet away.

I know from experience with rural plumbing systems that bears, and other critters, are attracted to certain plastics. Apparently our seats fall into that category.

--Frank
Working...
X