Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doxanracer1
    commented on 's reply
    So I got the tag, and looks like there is only a Model YQ2A.. did you put make "electric bicycle" as the Make? Thanks for the statement of facts, will try to replicate that. I also will attach tag.. thanks for the help sc-surfer!

• sc-surfer
    commented on 's reply
    On the statement of facts I said that the bike was an electric moped, listed the power and speed shown on the placard. On the main application I checked the box for electric power and also put 'human powered' in the 'other' box. (I have a pedal kit...so it's true)

• sc-surfer
    replied
    Nope. Local PoPo is never even gonna think twice. Just don't give them a reason to bother you and they won't.

Leave a comment:

• sc-surfer
    commented on 's reply
    If you buy a car, then chip it and raise the horsepower, or install a lift kit that is 'for offroad use only' you are technically changing the vehicle and I suppose there could be a case made that it's not legal...but NO ONE gets hassled for that kind of stuff...unless you're being an asshat, in which case the cops will just mess with you because you deserve it. So, just don't cause trouble and no one is ever going to car. Moped plate or regular motorcycle plate, who cares. You're legally registered and have a plate. Go ride.

Oh, and x-nitro, why do you even care. You go do you. I'll do me. To each their own. Seems you don't even live in CA so give it a rest already. As for it being a 'lie', who knows. I bought the bike and tag both from Luna. I assume it to be legitimate. Beyond that, I DO NOT CARE. No one is being harmed by me riding my electric moped on the street (except apparently you).
    Last edited by sc-surfer; 3 weeks ago.

• avoshall
    commented on 's reply
    Could be because the tag has some details they like, but if/when they google sur ron, they see details they don't like.
    It's also likely that you are somewhat at the mercy of the DMV official's interpretation, and your success may vary from one official to another.
    Once you have a registration, I don't think it will be re-evaluated by local law enforcement (especially if the bike's serial number appears on the registration).

• doxanracer1
    replied
    Things are not adding up. The tag is just generic so why did the DMV accept the tag make/model but not sur ron light bee? Both are just made up..

Leave a comment:

• X-Nitro
    commented on 's reply
    No the tag does not represent the bike and to say it does is just a lie....

• sc-surfer
    commented on 's reply
    The plate actually lists the manufacturer and model. It comes from them, so no, not fake or fraudulent. As for authorities 'figuring it out', no. Millions of vehicles are sold and then modified to be different/faster/lower/taller etc and no one EVER cares. Not a worry at all.

• doxanracer1
    replied
    Originally posted by X-Nitro View Post
    Don't you guys think that the authority's will catch on that the plate doesn't match or belong on the bike? It's not legal for official purposes...
    And that leaves you open to falsification prosecution, but do as you please.
    I had the same feeling initially, except the bike in eco/non clipped wire is limited to 30mph/4 brake horse. Really it's not lying unless you ride over that speed in sport/clip it. to be honest, I am surprised CA cares this much.. it's electric and they should love that.. Plus revenue from registering.. not sure why they even deny people. Then again, CA has some of the worst rules.

Am I missing something?
    Last edited by doxanracer1; 4 weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• X-Nitro
    replied
    Don't you guys think that the authority's will catch on that the plate doesn't match or belong on the bike? It's not legal for official purposes...
    And that leaves you open to falsification prosecution, but do as you please.

Leave a comment:

• doxanracer1
    replied
    Alright I ordered a clipped plate via luna. I see a model: YQ2A on the plate picture, but no make.. I will try this again and see what they say. Worth a shot. I'll send the photo of the plate as well.

Could you post your exact statement of fact, and the moped reg form? I want to make sure I get it all perfect before sending it. Thanks so much for the help!
    Last edited by doxanracer1; 4 weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• sc-surfer
    replied
    Buy the $5 Luna plate. Use that info to fill out your application. Do not use the word Sur Ron anywhere on the app. The manufacturer name and model are listed on the plate. On statement of facts state the bike does not exceed 30mph and has less than 4hp. I even sent in a photo of the plate mounted on my bike.

...now, here’s the bummer... if they entered your serial number into the system they may deny you again. But there’s no way to know unless you try.

Leave a comment:

• doxanracer1
    replied
    SC-Surfer, I tried to get my moped plate back in august 2020 and they cashed my check, but then sent me a letter with a refund saying the sur ron was over 4 brake horse, and exceeded 30 mph on flat ground. I haven't responded, and I've been trying to get a hold of someone at the DMV special processing unit to talk to about how it's limited to 4/30 mph etc. They never pick up the phone.. Will the statement of facts help out? Can you elaborate on what you wrote / filled out on the statement of facts? Should I just send in another application and try again, considering you were able to reg it recently?

Leave a comment:

• sc-surfer
    commented on 's reply
    There is a ‘moped application’ , a statement of facts, and a check.

• geoffreygonzales
    replied
    dope

so to be clear it’s just statement of facts and a check in the mail?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X