Dorado Pro or Bomber 58

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dorado Pro or Bomber 58

These are the two forks that I want to go with, anyone else tried them out on the Surron? Click image for larger version

Name:	D8692A66-36DF-44FA-81A7-611752D57058.jpeg
Views:	332
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	118139 Click image for larger version

Name:	A197BA15-2B8A-4A39-BCFE-C3DAFE13D648.jpeg
Views:	278
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	118140

The Bomber 58,with it’s 40mm tubes it’s in a different league,almost as good as the Fox 40.

Comment

Will the Bomber 58 accept a 21" wheel?

Comment

Can't speak to the Bomber, but the Dorado sure bolts up easy. So far its amazing. Worlds better than the DNM. Any upgrade from stock's gotta be a major improvement.

Comment

I just ordered a Bomber 58 for my Sur Ron. It has a 20TAX110mm DH (Non-Boost) Axle. Will I needto buy spacers to fit the oem front wheel? Also, should I also replace the headset before installing? Thanks for any insight on this.

Comment

Axle should fit as is. As far as headset goes, if you have the upgraded Luna one, just use that. If you have the Cane Creek, I'd upgrade to the Luna.

Comment

• Oldgx460
              Oldgx460 commented
              Editing a comment
              +1, Definitely use the Luna upgrade headset if you don’t already have it. It has tapered roller bearings.

Thanks for the intel! I do have the upgraded Luna headset now. I deformed (ruined) the original lower bearing race while removing it so I think I might need another new headset just for the lower race. The original lower race took a lot of prying to get it off and I don't have a special tool to remove it. At least the headset is reasonable at 50 bucks.

Comment

The boost and non-boost downhill spec are both 20x110mm front axle. That is a little confusing because for single crown forks non-boost has a 100 mm axle. Functionally, the only difference is the position of the brake caliper/disk. See the image. Does anyone know if a special caliper adapter is required or is it within the adjustability range of the standard post mount?

Comment

Caliper stays put;
                Boost adapters are just a spacer that move the disc of the non-boost hub over to meet the caliper position on the boost forks.

Comment

Working...
                X