What did you do to your Sur Ron today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did you do to your Sur Ron today?

These threads are always a fun way to see what people are doing to their bikes. Sometimes a new thread isn't needed, just a place to post fun stuff. Mods, rides, etc.

I'll go first...

Put in 2 small rocker switches for the headlight and taillight. Headlight switch is on the battery cover, and taillight switch is under the seat on the plastic cover.

I would never suggest riding where you're not supposed to...but if you did, being able to go full stealth might be useful. :-)

Got a stick through my radiator today......ruined my ride.

Comment

• Braf
      Braf commented
      Editing a comment
      Funny guy. :)

Today I mounted the moto kit from Quadlock to hold my phone for navigation when riding. I used the wireless charging mount they sell. Phone can orient vertical or horizontal and charges while in the mount so that it doesn't die from GPS use. I use a cool app called GaiaGPS which has all kinds of map overlays that can be used without cell connection. Super clean and (relatively) safe way to mount the phone.

Comment

I clipped the green wire but added connectors to both ends so I can easily plug and unplug if I have other people try my bike. I wish I could have gotten the XX ludicrous edition! Missed it by 2 weeks!

Comment

• sc-surfer
        sc-surfer commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice! I just cut mine but it would be nice to be able to reconnect it.

Installed a set of Manitou Dorado Pro forks. the bolted right up with zero drama. Perfect fit. Haven't gotten out to the woods yet, but just ripping around the hood they seem AMAZING.

Comment

Today I rebuilt the air spring side of the Manitou Dorado forks I bought. They were leaking a little oil at the seals. All new internal seals and oil. Feels a lot better already. Gonna tackle the dampening side this weekend but it'll be a little more involved.

Overall the Dorado is WORLDS better than the stock forks.

Comment

54T Sprocket, 3" rise bars, new grips, rear shock mud guard. It was a good day! Tires and brakes coming tomorrow. I have to say, with the bars and the sprocket, it feels like a different machine.

Comment

• dirtman
            dirtman commented
            Editing a comment
            54-t sprocket, 3" riser bars.

""It feels like a different machine"". I recalled you also installed wider foot pegs.

I upgraded with the same parts.

But I don`t want to ride it yet with the old worn-out chain.

PS: What link chain did you guys use for the 54 tooth sprocket.

I have a 420 110-L DID non-O-ring chain Should I cut off 2 links. to make it 108-L

• sc-surfer
            sc-surfer commented
            Editing a comment
            54T is 108 links

O-ring chain cut to order here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
            Last edited by sc-surfer; 12-22-2020, 03:30 PM.

• Zzzgott
            Zzzgott commented
            Editing a comment
            I second the 54Tooth with the 3 inch tapered bars(From Rocky Mtn.) The 108 link chain barely fits but I wanted a low speed nimble bike so it's ok. I guess a longer chain would minimize looping the bike

Installed a ProTaper bar and ProTaper grips.

About to install a Supermoto kit. Trying to decide if I'm going to swap the 48t sprocket from the original dirt wheels, or go ahead and drop the 58t on on there.

Comment

• sc-surfer
            sc-surfer commented
            Editing a comment
            For SuperMoto you will probably be happier with the 48, unless you are building a wheelie machine. The Moto wheels will drop your effective ratio already, with the 58 AND moto wheels you'll have massive torque but lose quite a bit of top speed.

Installed a Rockshox Vivid R2C rear shock today. So far so good. I'll write up my impressions in another thread.

Comment

converted the primary belt drive to a 420 chain and took it to the landfill that’s closed on sundays to work on my jumps

Comment

• sc-surfer
              sc-surfer commented
              Editing a comment
              How's the noise from the new chain?

• Kauaiguy
              Kauaiguy commented
              Editing a comment
              Oring chain is quieter than the chain the kit comes with,Xring chain has the least friction.

not sure how to reply to comments so

i got the 420 from american surron based in florida i believe

it’s really loud. like i need earplugs loud. played around with the motor alignment to mitigate any rubbing, and it’s still loud. normally going through neighborhoods people don’t turn around. they do now

inital wanted the 420 because i thought it would be easy to repair if “i’m ever in a foreign country” or something like that but realistically, i think i’ll just go with lunas 216 replacement instead of the 420, and just carry some 216 master links and some chin bits along with the 420 bits. luna claims it’s only slightly louder than the belt and it’s only 65$ as opposed to the 80$ i spent on the 420

honestly don’t like the noise at all, it’s a kind of motor resonation that vibrates through the chassis. covering the battery door dampens it interestingly. kinda defeats the purpose. oh well, just have to wait for the luna people i guess

or maybe try the oring chain
            Last edited by geoffreygonzales; 12-23-2020, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Today I installed the 21" front wheel Woody's made me. Put on a Dunlop K990 70/100-21" tire. Added minimal weight over the stock wheel with a the K790 tire I have on. Also installed the 1.5" lift rear suspension link.

What a different bike. Now it feels like a full MX bike instead of a toy. Just better in all ways!

Comment

• CosmicG
                CosmicG commented
                Editing a comment
                How's the +1.5 rear link - Any noticeable difference in rear suspension performance?

• sc-surfer
                sc-surfer commented
                Editing a comment
                No real performance difference with the rear link. All it does is raid the rear end.

Installed a RACE SPEC seat , race spec skid plate,longer rear fender, bar riser, fisher light, heavy duty tube and tires...going to add rim locks and controller at some point. Race Spec seat is awesome check it out, easy install, super comfortable..

Comment

• sc-surfer
                sc-surfer commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree on the seat. It is just on a whole different level. It really is a must do mod.

• geoffreygonzales
                geoffreygonzales commented
                Editing a comment
                i got the race spec bash plate 2.0

the built in washer make it worth it alone

• SUR-gary
                SUR-gary commented
                Editing a comment
                Please how much taller is the Race Spec seat than OEM? thanks

Today I installed a new headlight. 60w LED. Had to fab up a custom bracket out of aluminum. Came out pretty good. It’s bright AF. I’ll post a photo later. Can’t seem to upload from my phone.

Comment

• geoffreygonzales
                geoffreygonzales commented
                Editing a comment
                12v waterproof dimmer switch is a life changer

Comment

Working...
              X