No announcement yet.

What did you do to your Sur Ron today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front 21 "wheel, I took off the rear repacking, rear rosette 63t, finally it's 8 cm higher and springs beautifully......

Comment

• Kauaiguy
      Kauaiguy commented
      Editing a comment
      Is your rear spring rubbing on the shock body?A friend of mine tried removing the linkage and running the shock direct to swingarm,but the shock is to long so the geometry has a bad motion at the beginning of the stroke.

• Lubi
      Lubi commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing shakes or explodes, a longer stroke suits me ... he wants to try it ... it's soft ..

Where did you get your camera kit?

Comment

Camo kit? Sorry, typo

Comment

• dirtman
        dirtman commented
        Editing a comment
        The absolute best Camo is right under your tires.
        Throw on a some seasonal foliage while the mud is till wet.

Finally got my new Woody's wheels mounted up. Also installed a stealth BAC4000 from eMotoBros. Even with a stock battery the BAC4000 is a very nice boost in performance, and down the line will be able to handle the new batteries coming out.

Also installed the Magura throttle. Nice and smooth with a better acceleration profile.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_24112.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	124705
      Attached Files
      Last edited by sc-surfer; 03-25-2021, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• sc-surfer
        sc-surfer commented
        Editing a comment
        I have not done the bypass. With the controller set to max safe power it is just fine. More powerful than stock for sure, and no risk of damaging anything. I REALLY like having the 'fuel gauge' as some places I ride it's a long walk back, so the bypass just didn't interest me. However, the BAC4000 is ready to go when a better battery option comes along. I'm just waiting to see who's battery makes the most sense.

• CosmicG
        CosmicG commented
        Editing a comment
        that's good to know, I think I will end up doing the same

• SUR-gary
        SUR-gary commented
        Editing a comment
        That is a nice looking bike. good job keeping the lines clean.
        Is the Magura throttle similar to the elec. OEM of new models?

Nice, like how your bike is setup. Where did you get your seat? Thanks!

Comment

• CosmicG
        CosmicG commented
        Editing a comment
        Darn, more money to spend. :)
        I had the Luna seat which was nice but I dropped the bike and it got shredded. I like how the Racespec seat lets you get up on the bike.

• SUR-gary
        SUR-gary commented
        Editing a comment
        SC did your bike come with that rear mud flap down low?

• sc-surfer
        sc-surfer commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. That is the stock mud flap. Better than nothing but not great.

Installed prickly motorsport levers for the stock brakes. I'm pretty picky with lever feel and I'm not a fan of the stock levers, these feel pretty good so far.

Comment

Put Luna’s Surron sprocket adapter and a 58t sprocket and a non oring chain.The adapter gives about 3mm more tire clearance,I already had made a adapter for the front sprocket also 3mm.Now I have good tire clearance for my Kenda 760 100/90x19.Also installed my kill switch that shuts off the motor if I crash.Using the Bac8000 got rid of all Stock safeties.I’m also running chain on my primary drive 13/34 so my final gearing is equal to about 68t.

Comment

• SUR-gary
          SUR-gary commented
          Editing a comment
          hey kauai, can not seem to source chain bits for my larger rear sprocket. you mentioned non-oring chain. i've heard they are quieter, will it fit OK on my bike with OEM front and new larger rear sprocket?
          thank you

• Kauaiguy
          Kauaiguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Go on EBay and punch in 420 chain and order long enough for your sprocket size.

• SUR-gary
          SUR-gary commented
          Editing a comment
          roger that, $20 bucks seems reasonable ,thanks i'll try non o ring.
          Last edited by SUR-gary; 04-05-2021, 02:45 PM.

I ordered my new float seat today! Can't wait to get that on there! Now the SR is set up perfectly for my "in between telecons" stress relief tool! I finished up my track in the woods behind my house this last weekend-15 min motos now at lunch!

Comment

• Kauaiguy
          Kauaiguy commented
          Editing a comment
          I ordered the float seat too,my RaceSpec seat is wearing through.

So what i've done for my SRX today is just 'pray'. Pray my SRX makes it here soon and in one piece. Tracking has Her in Alb. since friday.
        Last week another shipper dropped my customer's water softener and then declared it 'undeliverable' and sent it back to sender. Bummer!
        I've received most of the upgrades you good people have advised and they sit here in a small box , Waiting.
        large RED sprocket, longer chain, large RED pegs and peg support bar, large RED rear fender, bar riser, brake pads, light cut-off switch, bash plate, defender front fender(appears to be a joke; Be nice to source a REAL front fender?), woody's front 21" w/ RED hub, Tubliss and Dunlop tire( thanks for size that fits advise SC) , grip guards.

We Wait patiently: clean up the BETA 2t , push over to the side of the garage, and WAIT.
        They said today or tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by SUR-gary View Post
          I've received most of the upgrades you good people have advised ,
          woody's front 21" w/ RED hub,.
          For comfort`s sake the most important thing. A more comfortable seat for your butt.!!
          Kauaiguy commented.
          I ordered the float seat too. my RaceSpec seat is wearing through.

Thank goodness I seen his comment. I was about to order a RaceSpec seat.
          I see Luna is offering an upgraded leather float seat for $95.00.
          I`ll wait a few day for K-guy`s commnents and suggestions..

Woody`s 21" front tire.. Let us know if it fits with the SRX`s stock Killah forks.

Comment

• Kauaiguy
            Kauaiguy commented
            Editing a comment
            The Racespec would be great with a seat cover,but it’s way to sticky to move around on so is wearing through,I will probably try and recover diy style.The leather Luna seat is pretty good,tall enough to make standing easier,and not too grippy to move around on,long term is still to come to see how long it will last,the leather does feels pretty tough.

She's here and seemingly in fine shape.
          Oddly, DNM Volcano forks, DMN Burner shock, and happily a real front fender!
          Comments ?

Comment

• Kauaiguy
            Kauaiguy commented
            Editing a comment
            Good you didn’t get the Rst fork,have fun.

• 2wheelsanything
            2wheelsanything commented
            Editing a comment
            They come with different "condiments"! You should be able to run a 26inch MTB rim/tire with that fork. I love the 26! Lightens up the front and makes tire and flat changes super easy as well as rolls over obstacles better. Don't know your weight, but I added the 550lb spring to my DMN shock and it made it big boy certified!

No, She came with DNM front and rear. Reading the booklet now.
          Yes, the Woody's 21" will fit, no problem. Such a relief!
          Searching for that 'sticky' stuff on forum for Battery break-in cycles? or maybe i thought i read that?
          how do i get to that 'sticky' collection stuff?
          thank you

Comment

• Kauaiguy
            Kauaiguy commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s under Luna knowledge Base down below this Surron thread

• Brewstaa
            Brewstaa commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you know if the new batch of surrons are going to come with fast ace forks

No need to break in a lithium battery. Just charge and go. That’s an old wives tale. Only thing to consider is for long term storage it’s best to be under 80%. Few days, all good. Weeks or months, drain the battery down some before storing.

Comment

• SUR-gary
            SUR-gary commented
            Editing a comment
            simple is good. thank you

Does anyone know if the surron due to be batched are going to come with the fast ace forks

Comment

Originally posted by Brewstaa View Post
            Does anyone know if the surron due to be batched are going to come with the fast ace forks
            Got my bike 2 days ago and came w dnm both front and rear.

Comment

• SUR-gary
              SUR-gary commented
              Editing a comment
              tambien : 2 days ago as well
          Working...
          X